Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Channel Spacers

Question Channel Spacers

Would it be possible to add Channel Spacers to Teamspeak 3 ?

What I mean is that if someone has many channels, its often visually more overlookable if one could sort a few spacers between certain Sections. Creating channels like that with for example:

isn't really the solution, and besides, you can only create a channel with the same name once. So now making several spacer channels in different length with these special characters would look like crap.

A real solution would be spacers that one can set between channels, to make the overview better.

Anyone with me on that ?

You can group channels using subchannels. No need for spacers.

Or make a Channel "--- <insert_name_here> ---" and set the maxclients to 0 (or set "i_channel_needed_join_power" to a high value).
    Wid did this since TS2 and it worked.

I prefer actual UI improvements over workarounds and I agree with the OP.

Personally, I like using subchannels to group. It gives each section a title and indents the channels in that section. But for extremely large servers, I can see this feature being very useful. I support it.

This is now requested, devs will discuss about it. This has low low priority or get's rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    This is now requested, devs will discuss about it. This has low low priority or get's rejected.
    Why bother to tell us if the chance that it gets anywhere is less than unlikely ?
    Like in most Softwares, requesting a feature which according to the Developers oppinions doesn't make much sense, is like just saying NO up front.

No disrespect, but though the Developers make the Software, its the user in the end that have to like it. So it kinda would make sense to sometimes listen to Feature requests, rather than dismiss them just because the Devs. don't care about them.

The Program is made for the users, not for the developers. Or is that wrong ?
    Again, this isn't ment to disrespect. Its just that you see that a lot when it gets to requests, no matter what Software.

Sorry, but Developer first fix all these bugs and then the will discuss about it later. And I don't know the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Sorry, but Developer first fix all these bugs and then the will discuss about it later. And I don't know the end result.
    I understand, and please don't take that the wrong way, but should that not have been done the last 5 years ? Instead of starting now which would make one wonder what all this time was really about TS3.

This is kinda off-topic, but its something that many people talked with me about since TS3 was released, and since so easily Forum Threads disappear here, probably this one will too now, I wasn't sure when to ask or if. But I guess this is as good as any opportunity.

I am sorry if you would take that as a offence but just deleting my posting will not make the question go away.

---OFF

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfseye View Post
    I understand, and please don't take that the wrong way, but should that not have been done the last 5 years ? Instead of starting now which would make one wonder what all this time was really about TS3.

This is kinda off-topic, but its something that many people talked with me about since TS3 was released, and since so easily Forum Threads disappear here, probably this one will too now, I wasn't sure when to ask or if. But I guess this is as good as any opportunity.

I am sorry if you would take that as a offence but just deleting my posting will not make the question go away.
    R.Ludwig wrote this on 2009 summer:

if you really think we are just vaporware and what we do is crap or others are so much ahead of us, sorry i have to say just choose an different product. but please be fair enough to give us after release an chance and test our product, a product we have written again, for the community. maybe you will like what you see, hopefully it will change your mind and you are comming back to teamspeak land.

very short answer for "+5 year development time is":
    I fucked it up by doing the wrong decisions.

still i hope you all give us a real chance after release, i am sorry for the huge delay.
    I hope this answers half of your question.

---ON

Thats a start.

Channel Spacer will be implemented with Beta21.
    You can use them as a normal channel if you wan't, but i prefer to close such rooms

Thread Information