Forum

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    I've been out of town the last couple weeks and there was an update to the plugin API to fix a problem. As soon as I get time to update I will.

And yes, you need the plugin to view the songs being played now. This is due to changes that were made when they move the app scanner from internal to a plugin.
    Last edited by Screech; June 15th, 2011 at 08:43 PM.

Hey Screech, really awesome job your doing here and i really appreciate this.

But i have one question. Will this plugin support browser links from youtube, etc..?

OK, Are you tired of hearing "Error", "Error", "Error"..... from your client if you have this plugin enabled and a sound pack enabled?? Not sure all of you have had this problem, but I know some of the newer RC2 builds have this issue.

The fix is to get the latest build, I just release 0.13.1165. I'm running build 14642, if you are running an older build, be cautious as this may not work with older builds.

Code:
    === Plugin Release 0.13.1165 14 JUN 2011
    * Updated to support the updated API 11 that adds support for returnCode testing on ts3Functions.sendPluginCommand
    * Still working on the crash on client exit, still not found an easy way to deal with subthread getting killed outside main thread of the plugin

Quote Originally Posted by exhit View Post
    Hey Screech, really awesome job your doing here and i really appreciate this.

But i have one question. Will this plugin support browser links from youtube, etc..?
    Thanks

And, no. my goals are simple. At this time I just plan to finish making the plugin appear to work as it did before API 11, but with a little easier configuration of the options.

would it be possible to make this plugin change your name in TS, meaning anyone can see the nowplaying info? as this would allow everyone to see what is playing quickly and easily, without spamming chat, also this would mean everyone can see the info, not just people with the plugin, as quite frankly, if everyone else has to have the plugin to see what is playing, its not worth the effort and is pointless. Also could you explain in laymans terms how this plugin collects the now playing info as I use a peice of software called mAirList which is designed for radio broadcast and has extremely broad logging capabilities that I could configure to work with this plugin if I knew how it loaded the info.

Thanks,
    MoleMan

Quote Originally Posted by MoleMan View Post
    would it be possible to make this plugin change your name in TS, meaning anyone can see the nowplaying info? as this would allow everyone to see what is playing quickly and easily, without spamming chat, also this would mean everyone can see the info, not just people with the plugin, as quite frankly, if everyone else has to have the plugin to see what is playing, its not worth the effort and is pointless. Also could you explain in laymans terms how this plugin collects the now playing info as I use a peice of software called mAirList which is designed for radio broadcast and has extremely broad logging capabilities that I could configure to work with this plugin if I knew how it loaded the info.

Thanks,
    MoleMan
    No, I have no plans to update to rename the client, too limited a number of characters and a the length of user name takes some of them away too.

I can't say exactly how the plugin grabs the songs from the player, I've not updated that code that the original author put there. I've just been updating the interface with the TS3 client. I read somewhere in the readme I think that if it support the Winamp API it may be found by the plugin as a Winamp client. So if you write a "middle ware" to bridge the player you use to the Winamp API this plugin may see it.

Also, update for those that already got their hands on RC3 client. I've updated the plugin on the pre-release site to support API 12.

Can't get this one to work.. Using Ts3x64..
    ts3 installed to d:\....\teamspeak3

Copied now_playing... x64.dll manually over to ts3. Its checked in ts3 plugins settings.

but no config file is made in %appdata%\ts3overlay

Tried the way it said in the readme file, but nothing happens.

Version 0.13.1165

Not sure why you are looking for ts3overlay... look for this file: "%appdata%\TS3Client\now_playing_plugin.ini"

If when you installed TeamSpeak 3 you selected to not have each user have own config you will need to look somewhere in the TS3 install directory.

Also, that build was for an updated for the beta channel I think, if you running the normal TS3 release version try running version 0.13.1152

Found the ini file, and played around. 1152 not needed. run fine with 1165 now. But is there a posibility to change font?

Noticed that the font used does not support scandinavian letters

R�yksopp - ....And The Forest Began To Sing.

Came like that... :P

No plans to support changing the font. Fonts are normally defined by the theme/style you are using in TS3. But, maybe in the INI you can use BB code to define font... not sure, I know I can control color and bold with BB code there.

Which player are you using. I know that with Winamp on Windows 7 mine is working with most of the "non-standard" characters, I used the Norsk and Germany letters for testing.

MediaMonkey

I use default theme. No changes there.

In Mediamonkey it says: Röyksopp

If you don't mind, try Winamp. I didn't write the code that gets the song info from the player, that has not changed from the original author of the plugin, maybe the code that works with MediaMonkey or the way MediaMonkey returns the results doesn't handle those characters right.

Oh, and which version of Windows... I know XP often has non-standard character display problems, even in TS3.

Win7Ultimate x64, English

Looks like a Mediamonkey thingy. Winamp shows up fine..
    Last edited by Genrabbit; July 19th, 2011 at 08:34 PM.

Ver. 0.13.1213 uploaded to pre-release page. This release supports TS3 3.0.0 client with API 13 that is currently in beta channel.

Download website is offline :/

Thread Information