Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Access to default group is forbidden?

I've noticed this message ("Access to default group is forbidden") appearing with the new Server beta15 and Client beta11 (9881). When I'm looking at the server groups dialog, and I select Guest (8) from the list on the left, this error sometimes appears in the log. Apart from being there (and being annoying) I don't think it's actually doing anything.

When it is appearing the Guest (8) group does not appear bold like it usually does, but then for no apparent reason it will go back to bold text and this message stops appearing. Any idea what this is caused by?

Hey guys,
    sry for answering to this old thread, but i could not find any similar topic. I installed Beta17 with Client13 and added myself to the serverquery admin group, but when i am only in the admingroup and serverqueryadmin group i recieve the error mentioned above "acces to default group is forbidden" on joining my server.
    When i add myself to the normal group i do not longer receive this error, but i also did not change anything, so where is the problem?

Hope you can help me
    Phil

P.S. Perhaps someone could move this thread to a suitable forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil7789 View Post
    Hey guys,
    sry for answering to this old thread, but i could not find any similar topic. I installed Beta17 with Client13 and added myself to the serverquery admin group, but when i am only in the admingroup and serverqueryadmin group i recieve the error mentioned above "acces to default group is forbidden" on joining my server.
    When i add myself to the normal group i do not longer receive this error, but i also did not change anything, so where is the problem?

Hope you can help me
    Phil

P.S. Perhaps someone could move this thread to a suitable forum?
    When I add my ID to Normal Group, and later remove, just stay with Server Admin Group the problem was solved

Same for me, but this cannot be a proper solution ^^

Thread Information