Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Installing TS Server win32-3.0.0-beta16 as Windows Service

Hey,

Is it possible to start teamspeak3-server_win32-3.0.0-beta16 as Windows Service, so it'll run in the background? I want to run a server on my PC for a few friends, but I don't want to have a cmd screen open all the time.

I've found the file server_windows_service.exe, but this is for TS2. At least, it doesn't allow me to start TS3.

Thanks in advance,
    Ruud

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    Thanks for helping *NOT*
    Goofhead.

Anyway, I searched for 'Windows Service' and this showed me the TS2 Service Executable. AS I ALREADY WROTE.

So please, stop being cocky and start being helpfull. Trolling people to death is also not really a usefull addition to the forum, as what they talk about in your movie

Search result for "TS3 Windows Service" - answer on the first page of results.
    Limiting search for Server - Windows forum only, after your useless thread, it is the top one.
    Stop being stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    Search result for "TS3 Windows Service" - answer on the first page of results.
    Limiting search for Server - Windows forum only, after your useless thread, it is the top one.
    Stop being stupid?
    Please, I'm not stupid...
    My question:
    Is it possible to start teamspeak3-server_win32-3.0.0-beta16 as Windows Service, so it'll run in the background

All the things in the search only show ways of running TS3 as Service, but it won't let TS3 run in the background: The DOS-box will still be be shown on the server. And as I'd like to run the server on the Windows machine I use, I'd like to not see the dosbox

Well, then don't check "Allow service to interact with desktop" may be? It's unchecked by default, and if you set that, you're enemy of yourself.

Download & install the Windows Resource Kit
    You should have a new menu item 'Windows Resource Kit Tools'
    Open 'Windows Resource Kit Tools Help'
    Look for 'SrvAny.exe'
    Click on the 'Syntax' link at the top & follow the instructions to install a service (from the command shell)
    When you've successfully created the service, find the link for 'configure the service' in the same section & follow the appropriate instructions

Maniac Guest

hmm

My company uses firedaemon to manage windows services. Its a very nice gui based service manager. We still get the dos box popping up but it does not interact with the desktop and we can still log out of the remote desktop connection and leave it running.

I didnīt found anythink in 'Windows Resource Kit Tools' for SRVANY.exe

Also i tried this already and it didnīt work. Can you make short script or Video for better understanding?

The SRVANY.exe i got already and how to create a new Service i know, but the paramaters in the registry i didnīt understand.
    Last edited by Mindwalker; January 26th, 2010 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    My company uses firedaemon to manage windows services. Its a very nice gui based service manager. We still get the dos box popping up but it does not interact with the desktop and we can still log out of the remote desktop connection and leave it running.
    Try logout and login back. Then check state of running service.

The Service is runing but the TS3 Server donīt start. So i see the Problem in the Parameters where i have to set in the regidt. Can somone tell me what i have to do. i tried this with this FAQ but i didnt work. So can someone explain me how to do this.

Start - Run - regedit.exe
    Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es
    Export the key that is named after your newly created service.
    Open the exported file in notepad.
    The one of the first few lines will look like
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\servicename]
    Delete everything after this line.
    Edit line to look like
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\servicename\Parameters]
    Then proceed as documentation explains. Add
    "Application"="..."
    "AppDirectory"="..."

Import edited file into registry.
    Look into registry editor, that all settings are imported correctly. Change them if not.
    Restart service.

I forgot the AppDirectory, thats the reason why it didnīt work. THX for Help good Answer

I've downloaded and installed the resource kit, the service is in the services list, and i've made the registry changes. When i attempt to start the service, i get an error that says "Service did not respond in a timely manner". Any ideas what might be causing this?

Check path to srvany in created service.

Thread Information