Forum

whitelist serveradmin query user

I just got banned for flooding while being logged in as the serveradmin query user because I wanted to send 5 (identical) global server messages (because I was about to shut the server down for the update).
    I usually send such message, and log in to my server, from my home computer and I have a dynamic IP there, so whitelisting the IP is not really a solution.

Would it be possible to automatically exclude the serveradmin from any flooding bans? Or whitelist any IP temporarily for X hours when you login in as serveradmin from there?
    It's a bit annoying to be logged in as the user with the highest possible rights and get the IP banned...

Same problem with TS3 php framework on my home webserver.

What OS is your server and client running on?

It sounds like you'll need to set up some tunneling to seem as if you're connecting from the local machine.

As I thought the solution should be simple enough, I've decided to test it and it indeed works.
    This only works if you have SSH access to the machine hosting your teamspeak servers. If you rent a teamspeak server only, you're out of luck.

1. For windows, install SSH on your server if you don't have it. One of the best ones is located at mls-software.com. Download the latest version, currently OpenSSH 6.7p1-2.

2. If you're on a windows client (once again guessing you are), download Putty from here:
    http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html

3. Follow this guide, but instead of putting in 3306 as port number, put in 10011. (Ex: 127.0.0.1:10011). It's fairly straightforward, just follow the pictures.

4. Save the session for later, and open the connection to your teamspeak-hosted server.

5. Login with the needed credentials. Username should be your windows login name (ex: Administrator)

6. Once logged in, connect to ServerQuery as you would normally, but do it through localhost:10011 instead of serverip:10011. You can do this through Putty, so go ahead and open a new Putty client and connect.

The tunnel will remain active until you close the Putty window where you setup the port tunnel.
    This means that you will have a working "temporary" hole in your firewall, where you will always be whitelisted, as you requested.

If you're looking for a more permanent solution, see here: http://superuser.com/questions/23539...g-from-windows
    Last edited by qvazzler; January 21st, 2015 at 11:57 AM.

Still, the TeamSpeak implementation of having the same restrictions for superadmin and guests is ridiculous.

Why is this marked as [Rejected]? Could we at least get to know the reasoning behind this?

For users who run into this problem:

If your ServerQuery client has a static IP address or is always part of the same subnet, you can add this IP address or subnet to the query_ip_whitelist.txt.
    Otherwise you can only adjust the instance-variables that control the flooding, like so:

instanceedit serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands=30 serverinstance_serverquery_flood_time=3

This would allow 30 individual commands per 3 seconds. Programm your client to not exceed these bounds.

However, you're also lowering the bar for unverified / not logged in clients, which can be abused for spamming. So you should prefer the whitelist approach, where possible.
    Last edited by phvcky; February 6th, 2015 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phvcky View Post
    For users who run into this problem:

If your ServerQuery client has a static IP address or is always part of the same subnet, you can add this IP address or subnet to the query_ip_whitelist.txt.
    OP has dynamic ip.

Thread Information