Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Lightbulb Remove query from client logs and...

I have encountered an issue with client logging.

I LOVE the client logging BUT there is a problem with it. if you have the server set to log clients and you have your server on TSviewer.com, then have the code on a website. Your logs Get FLOODED with

1/21/2010 2:19:55 PM Query Info query from 94.75.249.126:145 issued: serverinfo

and other commands. I had to go through a heck load to get my my rights through my host to set up logging myself. and now i am looking into getting rid of all the TSviewer stuff i had because of the fact that my logs are being flooded.

So instead of having the query as a client can you please change that to log if the server query is selected.

idk if i made it clear or not so here is a for instance.

i have TSviewer.com's code on my website and in a gadget i made for Vista. I have the gadget set to refresh every 2.5 minutes. and the website gets traffic and every time the website is refreshed or i get a line like

1/21/2010 2:19:55 PM Query Info query from XX.XX.XXX.XXX:145 issued: serverinfo

in my logs. This is flooding my logs from the info i need like User logins and Ips. so if i have an issue i cannot go back and look. So i ask if you can move the logging of Query to ServerQuery instead of Client.

This would help the hosters in the long run and server admins as well. so they dont have the clutter of the query and the commands used.

I cant stress how much the query needs to be moved to a different logging zone.

Client logs meaning when you have your server set to log Client's to the server logs.

this type of logs have nothing todo with a virtualserver, they are globaly for the instance and are controlled via the logquerycommands=1 commandline.

I didn't start getting this till i set "Client" logging on my server. SO maybe this is a Bug Report.

This is alittle annoying. (i didnt start getting this till my host restarted the server to put SQl inserts into place)

Sorry for double post. Think i will have to send in a support ticket.. to my host to see if they can turn this off.

Thread Information