Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

( Windows 8 )"A refferal was returned to server"

I am currently running Windows 8 64-bit, I have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable , NET framework 4.5 is also be installed already in Win8, UAC has been disabled, re-installed TS3 Client.

Afterall still got the error : A refferal was returned to server
    Below is the screenshot.
    Anyone has struggled and has solved it , pls share your experience.
    http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps83b5fe57.jpg

A referral was returned from the server - again.

I keep getting this error, dispite re-installing windows 7 to a formatted HD, it still keeps comming back.

I found what I think might be a previous thread about this error and it suggests running secpol.msc. That generates the error: Windows cannot find 'secpol.msc'.

I have no understanding of this error message and very little about the information I've read so far. Why do I need to worry about which version of C++ is being used?

So, in short, how do I stop this error message?

merged
    Last edited by Chris; January 21st, 2013 at 07:22 AM.

I downloaded TS3 and I cannot open it up because it says "Referral returned to server." I googled this problem and tried what the video suggested and still nothing. I cant seem to be able to open up the problem. I have windows 8 and running as Admin. Please help!

I have Windows 7 32 Bit. I have tried multiple things to get it to work such as uninstalling and reinstalling. Updating. It was working fine for the past 6+ months. I was on it. and all of a sudden it froze and closed. Wont launch anymore. Here is a pic of the Error Message

Teamspeak not opening. NEED HELP!

Hey there, i've been running teamspeak before (around 3 weeks ago) and roughly 2-3 weeks ago I began to get the error
    teamspeak C:\Program Files (x86)\Teamspeak 3 Client\ts3client_win32.exe a referral was returned from the server
    http://i.imgur.com/IallpK5.png

I have no idea why this is happening, it happens whenever I open teamspeak
    I have tried:
    -Opening as administrator
    -Uninstalling Teamspeak and reinstalling
    -I've installed on another computer connected to same internet as mine and that one can run Teamspeak fine (Other computer is a Mac.)
    -I know this is silly, but I don't even know if I need 32/64 bit, I installed both, neither work I get the same error message.

Help would be appreciated!

Need help. Teamspeak not opening. Urgent. Not resolved.

Hey there, i've been running teamspeak before (around 3 weeks ago) and roughly 2-3 weeks ago I began to get the error
    teamspeak C:\Program Files (x86)\Teamspeak 3 Client\ts3client_win32.exe a referral was returned from the server
    http://i.imgur.com/IallpK5.png

I have no idea why this is happening, it happens whenever I open teamspeak
    I have tried:
    -Opening as administrator
    -Uninstalling Teamspeak and reinstalling
    -I've installed on another computer connected to same internet as mine and that one can run Teamspeak fine (Other computer is a Mac.)
    -I know this is silly, but I don't even know if I need 32/64 bit, I installed both, neither work I get the same error message.

Help would be appreciated!

Sudden Windows Client problem

All of the sudden I can't run TS after running the physx legacy download to play moh airborne.

Error Message I get says: "A referral was returned to the server"

I was bitten by the same issue, and it took me 2 hours of research to nail it down.
    The issue is with UAC as mentioned before. The digital signature used to sign the TS3 executable could not be verified by Windows on my system because the certificate for some reason was (no more) there.

I solved it by importing the three certificates at the bottom of http://www.instantssl.com/code-signi...technical.html (section "How do I ensure that both I and my customers have the latest Microsoft roots in my certificate store?")

To verify that your certificate is missing, open the TS3 exe properties and open the digital certificate info. It should say "the digital signature could not be verified" (or similar). Teamspeak used the COMODO certificate to sign the executeable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unbenannt.png 
Views:	903 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	9924

Hope this will help others.
    /A Linux fan using Windows just for IL-2 Cliffs Of Dover

Teamspeak 3 will not load

The program itself just will not load. I run it, the task shows up for about a quarter of a second on the task manager then disappears.

I've tried uninstalling, downloading a new client, and reinstalling but it does nothing.

I realize there have been previous threads regarding this but they're all years old and have differing circumstances from mine.

I'm running Windows 7 and did not have any issues with Teamspeak prior to it suddenly failing to load.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TeamSpeak3 Referral Error

Whenever I try to launch TS3, I would always get this message-
    "A referral was returned from the server"

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	12759

Name:	Captures.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	12760

I'm using Windows 8.1 64-bit right now, and I already tried running it as administrator.

Any solutions? Please help.
    Last edited by dante696; August 3rd, 2015 at 12:45 PM. Reason: merged, we have a forum search

Solution!

To anyone who may still be having this error, follow these steps.

1: Click the start menu and open Computer.
    2: Open Local Disk
    Windows 64bit: Navigate to Program Files (x86) > Teamspeak 3 Client > update
    Windows 32bit: Follow the steps above, except your folder will just be labeled as Program Files
    (Extreme clarification here)
    3: Open the update, and let it update your client. If an error pops up, just ignore it. Click okay, or whatever the option is to close out of it. The update should still continue.

Afterwords, Teamspeak should open up automatically. If it does not, try opening it manually.

~Raiden

Can't launch exe Teamspeak -> A referral was returned by the server Win 8.1

Hello,

I have a problem to launch Teamspeak on Win 8.1. If I start teamspeak, I see error: A referral was returned by the server. Yesterday worked. Computer didn't install any update since yesterday. OS, NET framework and visual cpp redistributable is updated. I tried reinstall 3 times with CCleaner and run as administrator. I am administrator on my PC. I checked my rights. I tried run TS with compatible with older OS....nothing changed.

I found "solution" on the internet (http://goo.gl/oX8RQQ) but I cannot find 'User Account Control: Only elevate executables that are signed and validated' in my Security option in PC.

Please help .
    Last edited by dante696; November 30th, 2015 at 08:55 AM. Reason: merged

connection issue

hi all,

I cannot connect to any of the servers I'm going to try to remove ts3 and re-install ill be back if this fixes my problem ty.

steve66j

Referral problems

TO GET THINGS CLEAR, READ FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH
    I have done the following.
    -DISABLED UAC
    -INSTALLED latest C++ Distributes
    -INSTALLED certificates.
    -RUNNING WINDOWS 10

Right, lets get started.
    To cut a long story short, I have done all of above, and they have not worked. What I have also done is install it onto another user account (on the same PC), and TS3 works on the alternate account.

Any help would be very much appreciated,
    Euan MacPhail.

Edit:
    3 Hours later, I solved it by running in vista SP2 Compatibility mode.
    Last edited by BlueyMacaw; January 20th, 2016 at 03:44 PM. Reason: EDIT1:Merged, EDIT2: Because I'm an Idiot

Thread Information