Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[SUGGESTION] {MAJOR} Create a way for admins to recover grant perms

Please Add a way for Server admins(or hosters) to reset grant perms for default server admin group. I just removed a grant perm by accident on my rented TS3 server and now i dont know of anyway that the hoster can fix it.

Please add a way to recover this grant perm. or atleast disallow removable of the grant perms in the server admin group.

This is MAJOR in my book because i cant fix it myself and i have to rely on someone else to fix it.

There needs to be something implemented that will keep people from doing this. Not just a simple warning will do.

Grant perms must be permanent for the default server admin group. i think.

Lets work out the Kinks

has anyone taken a look at this?

Also please add a way to copy server groups. so lets say I want a super user to have 60, I don't want to have to copy over a million permission and giving 2 tokens on login is annoying, unless you have 2 token= fields.

The hoster can fix the permissions easily. Its called reseting the server. And next time... don't screw with the default SA group. Make a new group instead.

Quote Originally Posted by videoh1 View Post
    The hoster can fix the permissions easily. Its called reseting the server. And next time... don't screw with the default SA group. Make a new group instead.
    Of course you are ignoring the time when the Server upgrades remove the default SA permissions which has happened twice so far.

yea I just moved my server to a new place. but the problem is that there is no way to recover messed up grant perms.

And to me your post sounds alittle counter productive.

You have to remember that there always has to be more ways to recover something then just one. and for hosters they will NOT reset the server DB or whatever just for a single server. I mean deleting and recreating a server would do it. but that is VERY counter productive when a user has alot of fine tweaks and chances.

There has to be something more then just deleteing and recreating because. if a hoster cant fix a screw up and Doing that is the only way to fix it. that would i think potentially drive some people crazy.

That's assuming the host is even willing to try to fix the global permissions. When I tried to get them to fix issues caused by server upgrades, they just ended up giving me new reinstalled "server" which was a virtual instance which inherited the problems of their global install. They never did fix that problem either, which is rather frustrating.

(I'm surprised future upgrades didn't have something where it looked to see if permissions were outright missing in the database and if so that it would enter default values, but I digress)

It would be nice to log in via console (cannot think of the name right now) and run a command that recreates the default SA group (or fixes the permissions of it) and gives you a key to enter into it.

Another solution (most likely far better) is to make the first SA have permanent SA permissions on their account. The first admin is who purchased the server after all, so giving them the rights to do anything an SA can do despite group membership might be the best solution.

Even if all admins were very careful not to mess with SA, I'm sure a hacker at one point will gain access to your virtual server and just trash the SA group, forcing a full reinstall of the virtual server. True, a hacker would damage whatever they could, but the not being able to recover from SA group problems is quite severe.

Anywho, that is my 2 cents.

Thread Information