Forum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm having the same issue and i can't relate it to anything basically.
    My voice simply stops to be heard at some point, restarting ts3 doesn't seem to solve it. Only solution so far, seems to be rebooting my machine, but eventually the same situation occurs after a while.
    Sometimes i'm using vent at the same time, and every time that sound stops in ts3, same happens on vent. But vent doesn't have any issues when its the only voip app running, or ts2 for the same matter. Its obviously ts3, sadly.

My specs:
    MB >Asus P5B
    Soundcard: (inboard) ADI AD 1988A 8-channel / SoundMax

Cheers

Is TS3 loosing CPU priority for some reason?
    Is it loosing network priority?
    Is there any way he can generate any sort of report? His TS3 client is not showing any visible signs of error.

I tried giving him channel and server admin permissions, but that does not help either.

Please, this is rather urgent. This user is one of most valuable member of our clan, and cos our TS lease is expiring this month, we are forced to consider alternatives

2010-02-07 15:50:54.328125 Info Logging started, clientlib version: 3.0.0-beta13 [Build: 10118]
    2010-02-07 15:50:54.734375 ClientUI Info TeamSpeak 3 client version: 3.0.0-beta13 [Build: 10118]
    2010-02-07 15:50:54.734375 ClientUI Info Qt version: 4.5.3
    2010-02-07 15:50:54.734375 ClientUI Info Using configuration location: C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/QueenSix/Anwendungsdaten/TS3Client/ts3clientui_qt.conf
    2010-02-07 15:50:55.218750 ClientUI Info Last update check was: So 7. Feb 15:06:22 2010
    2010-02-07 15:51:00.390625 Error Error setting PreProcessorConfigValues when updating capture system: 2304
    This message will be generated in the client log

Something like this?

It look like this

This issue is becoming more and more annoying. I can't play Trackmania anymore without anyone to being able to hear me after any couple of minutes. In Teamspeak it still looks as it is transmitting but obviously its not.

I am loosing the fun in playing my favourite Game. And if thats not fixed soon, I sure don't stay with TS3. Seems no Dev is bothered about this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenSix View Post
    It look like this
    Actually, the screenshot in my post is from that buddy of mine

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfseye View Post
    I am loosing the fun in playing my favourite Game. And if thats not fixed soon, I sure don't stay with TS3. Seems no Dev is bothered about this issue.
    I'm afraid that we need any kind of response by the end of the month, or we'll have to switch to something else then TS#3
    Last edited by Babalui; February 9th, 2010 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfseye View Post
    Today we had a total mess. SOmetimes we had no issues and all sounds great, i mean literally, then next time half of the people sounds like robots, then sometime later one is doing echo like hell, then he doesn't anymore.

The sound issues in TS3 are too random and happen too often, sometimes they seem to be without any reason. And there is still not a single statement about that from the Devs. I mean, sound should be the priority in a Voice Tool, and then the rest.
    This people sound robot, appears only on high ping deviance or massive packet los or server overloaded or just slow connection from user. Check conenction info

Echo depends on user settings & hardware. Maybe they use speaker with TS or there sound volume is too high and the headset produces feedback.
    They should check this.

Quote Originally Posted by Babalui View Post
    Additional info from my friend:

Yesterday he turned on TS, set a hotkey "N" on keyboard, closed TS and opened again. He spoke for 20-30 min with no problem. Then he started IL-2 and few moments after mission was loaded (about 1 min), he was not audible. He did not have any problems while running TS3 parallel with Tunngle, HypperLobby and other applications.

With joystick, he tried following, but the problem persists in each case:
    - open TS3 > unplug USB stick > plug the stick
    - uninstall TS3 > unplug stick > install TS3 > plug stick
    - while installed but not opened TS3 > unplug stick > plug stick > open TS3
    Please try to test voice activation, there is a problem with hardware hotkey detection. On this way we can be sure, that it is not your sound driver/card.

Quote Originally Posted by indie View Post
    I'm having the same issue and i can't relate it to anything basically.
    My voice simply stops to be heard at some point, restarting ts3 doesn't seem to solve it. Only solution so far, seems to be rebooting my machine, but eventually the same situation occurs after a while.
    Sometimes i'm using vent at the same time, and every time that sound stops in ts3, same happens on vent. But vent doesn't have any issues when its the only voip app running, or ts2 for the same matter. Its obviously ts3, sadly.

My specs:
    MB >Asus P5B
    Soundcard: (inboard) ADI AD 1988A 8-channel / SoundMax

Cheers
    Please update your soundcard driver. We can't say how your soundcard driver acts with more then 1 voip program at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Please try to test voice activation, there is a problem with hardware hotkey detection. On this way we can be sure, that it is not your sound driver/card.
    He said that he tried with all methods of activation, as I described in first post. Indicator was lit up, but we were not able to hear him. During this period he tried voice test and he was able to hear himself in that test. His voice always "disappeared" after a while.

If not related to soundcard, can this be somehow related to packet loss? He has no problems with ping in games (LOMAC, IL2), there are no changes in game when compared with TS2 usage, no changes when TS not activated at all, or any other communication/networking app enabled or disabled (hyperlobby, tunngle).
    Is it possible that TS3 is somehow "pushed into deep background" (lost its network usage priority) ?

Thanks

If this happens again, please open connection info> speech on you and this user and check the incomming and outgoing bandwith.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Please update your soundcard driver. We can't say how your soundcard driver acts with more then 1 voip program at the same time.
    Hi

Well, you might not know how my soundcard acts while using more then one voip app at the same time but i do
    Previously i was using, without any problems at all, ts2 and ventrilo. I ran this 2 apps for hours straight without any issue.

I've updated my drivers, using the latest update on the asus website, driver is: AD1988AB_Audio_V6585_XpVistaWin7

Today i've logged onto our server and after 20 minutes or so, the guys stopped hearing me again.
    The server version that my group is using is:
    Version: 3.0.0-beta18 [Build: 10190]
    My client version is:
    Version: 3.0.0-beta15 [Build: 10190] / qt version > 4.5.3

Btw, yesterday tried ts2 and vent and they're working fine with the new drivers.

I'm going to reboot my machine now, and i'll get back into that server and generate a client log.
    I'll post more info if i'm successful.

Cheers

This is the screnshot when his voice was lost (talk indicator lit up)
    The problematic one is Zilos

Any ideas?
    Our TS lease is coming up soon and we have to decide

Thread Information