Forum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    We already switched to XFIRE voice, there is no problem with any Game and Sound. If TS3 will be fixed we might check back, but since there seems to be very little to 0 interest by the developers, at least not officially shown here, to fix this issue, I don't know when that will be.

Its too bad, i really came to like TS3 but with issues like that, its kinda pointless, even in Beta. If we can't play our favourite Games without issues like that it can't be fun for us.

Any ideas here?

I'm no expert but based on the screenshots you posted babalui it looks like your problem child is having packet loss. How is this person's net bandwidth? Have you tried using a different codec?

Well, that about the only thing that is different, but it is LESS then 1%! Can that small amount create such (de)effect?
    Yup, we tried different codedc, but I'll try once again. You know, its a bit hard to spot when he is not audible during gameplay

Yeah I realize it is less that 1% but that's really the only thing I could see... Have any of these individuals attempted to us TS3 on a different computer w/ the same ID?

He has no other PC available, and is no position to reinstall Windz at this moment. However, I consider that to be irrelevant - newly installed application should work without the need to reinstall OS and 20-something applications that a users needs to work. Or he/she will search for another application that works.
    We tried another codecs, and we will continue to experiment until end of this month.

PS - last night he changed following:
    Tools > Option > Capture > Advanced options > and unchecked all under that. He was audible for 15-30 min, but we were still loosing him.

Probably solved?
    It seems that following may be to solution:

Tools > Option > Capture > Advanced options > and uncheck all under that option.

We are still testing it, but so far we were able to hear him all the time.

Unhappy

With the same "solution", you have said first that it worked for 15-30 Minutes and then he was gone again, now you say that this would be the solution. So what of both is it ?

Besides, with those options unchecked sound gets bad eventually. Background Noise reduction is really helpfull. I still have the issue when I play my favourite Game Trackmania. After a while noone can hear me anymore. This issue is not a problem with the Game, because all other Voice Tools (TS2, MUMBLE, SKYPE, VENTRILO, XFIRE etc.) work fine with this Game. Only TS3 makes this Problem.

I don't have that issue with any other Game. I still think that the compatibility with certain Soundcards/chips and TS3 is the issue here.

I also checked the CONNECTION INFO on myself when this happens. The OUT value just stops to increase. I can still hear anyone else, but noone me anymore. Since I had this issue, I reinstalled WIN twice (XP) and I tried 2 different Soundcards, nothing changed the issue.

This doesn't make sense and clearly is an issue of TS3 because like I said many times, other voice apps don't make any problems like that. My disliking toward TS3 has increased a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfseye View Post
    With the same "solution", you have said first that it worked for 15-30 Minutes and then he was gone again, now you say that this would be the solution. So what of both is it ?
    Please, don't blame it on me. I'm trying to find a solution for person that does not speak English.
    You think I'm happy with arrangement and the fact that I cannot extract proper information form people cos they are not PC proficient?

I'm saying as it happened. Please, bear with me. I'm trying to get all info. Not my fault that it took me 1 week to collect his hardware data, learning along the way that he has this or that card, cos he forgot to mention this or that cos he thought it was or wasn't important... Not a joy, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Babalui View Post
    Please, don't blame it on me.
    No no, don't get me wrong. I don't blame you. I just didn't knew what of both you ment, that it helped in your case or your friend's case, thats all.

I am glad that someone here is interested in finding a solution to this, clearly TS3 issue. From the limited replies of the Developers in that thread, this issue seems not to have a big priority for them. Which is a shame.

I really wanted to get into TS3 you know, gave up my Ventrilo Server for that. And all the things that were interesting in TS3, don't help me if I can't play my favourite Games with TS3. Games that work fine with every other voice app.

So I am almost about to give up on TS3.

Sorry to say, but....

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfseye View Post
    No no, don't get me wrong. I don't blame you. I just didn't knew what of both you ment, that it helped in your case or your friend's case, thats all.

I am glad that someone here is interested in finding a solution to this, clearly TS3 issue. From the limited replies of the Developers in that thread, this issue seems not to have a big priority for them. Which is a shame.

I really wanted to get into TS3 you know, gave up my Ventrilo Server for that. And all the things that were interesting in TS3, don't help me if I can't play my favourite Games with TS3. Games that work fine with every other voice app.

So I am almost about to give up on TS3.
    This ISN'T exclusive to TS3 We have a guild member that has almost gone bald from frustration who thought that this would go away when we changed over to TS3 it has gotten slightly better with 3 than it was with 2 (he can last 35 or 40 minutes with 3 vs 2 lasting 10-15 minutes.

Ok, I didn't know that. I only have this issue with TS3, no other voicetool.

I would like to confirm that changed following:
    Tools > Option > Capture > Advanced options > and unchecking all options solved the problem.
    Also, he regularly updated to the latest version (if that helped, we are not sure).

I'm experiencing the same issue, but I managed a semi-work around. Running Windows 7 on my Acer 7540G ( www.ebuyer.com/product/182586 ) which only identified the gfx card as a ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4570 with 'integrated sound' (shows as 'ATI High Definition Audio' in device manager).

Usually I output sound/video over HDMI to play games but if I start the game unplugged then plug in (forcing the game on to the laptop screen) there are no problems with TS freezing.

I had a similar problem recently with xfire which only started then I used HDMI out, but all the problems since using TS3 this week have had the same symptoms as you guys have been discussing.

thats my $0.02

Thread Information