Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

[SOLVED] Sound not transmitted after a while

A friend of mine has a problem with TS3, he does not speak English and I'll try to mediate

All is OK when he joins our server. After a while, we cannot hear him, although his transmitting indicator in TS3 is lit up. When he preforms mic test in capture setting, during this "silence", he can hear himself.
    This "voice disappearance" happens regardless of his TS3 usage, number of other clients present on server, application/game that is started, not started or turned off. It happens regularly after 2-5 minutes.
    He had no problem with TS2. None of the other 10-12 regular users have similar problem. He tried to change capture/playback devices, activation method (push, voice, constant), but with no change.
    Last night we were playing IL-2 and I think (but I'm not sure) that I was able to hear him, but extremely faintly.

Specs:
    - MBO Asus a7v600-x, VIA chipset
    - Sound: integrated WDM 3663, SoundMax
    - CPU Sempron XP 2500+
    - VGA ATI 3850
    - Headphones Hama CS-118, newest model
    - TV card KWorld TV878
    - Windows XP SP2
    - unspecified PCI modem
    Last edited by Babalui; March 19th, 2010 at 01:40 AM.

Question

I have a similiar problem. But i have TS3 already installed a while and until today I never had a problem. But today, while we played different Games, after a while my friend seems not to hear me anymore. It won't work again until i restart my Teamspeak.

That didn't happen before, not with these Games, not in TS3. But now it does. Any ideas what this could be ?
    As I can see I am not the only one.

My Soundcard: Creative X-FI Titanium

I also think that Creative Soundcards in general don't like Teamspeak, it was back then with old Soundblasters already in TS2 and now it seems to be similiar.
    Creative & Teamspeak seems not a good mix.

I´ve got the same problem. All is OK when i joins our server. After a while, the other users cannot hear me, although my transmitting indicator in TS3 is lit up.
    Sometimes my soundcard driver crashed too, sometime he didnt. When i use the setup wizard in TS3, often it works very well, but only in the wizard.

What have i done:
    - new update of the TS3 client
    - uninstalled the TS3 client
    - complette new TS3 client installed
    - uninstalled the soundcard driver
    - new installed the the soundcard driver

Specs:
    Asus Rampage Formular
    Soundcard: integrated SoundMax WDM ?
    ATI 4870X2
    4 GB Ram
    XP Professionell SP3
    Sennheizer PC 131

Question

No reaction from the Devs about that maybe ? I would say its a recurring problem. Is there any idea what causes it and when its gonna be fixed ?

PS - Some buddies had problem assigning hotkeys on various USB joysticks. Their solution was to unplug/plug joystick in various combinations with starting/installing TS3.
    I say above only because this friend of mine tried with the same in regard with his problem, and to no positive effect so far.

Biggest annoyance is that we are not able to relate this problem to anything. It happens irregularly, and it happens all the time.

PS - Our server is in Germany, and we are in Croatia. I says this only cos Croatia is linked to www via Slovenia > Austria > Germany > World
    Last edited by Babalui; January 28th, 2010 at 08:00 PM.

Question

Today we had a total mess. SOmetimes we had no issues and all sounds great, i mean literally, then next time half of the people sounds like robots, then sometime later one is doing echo like hell, then he doesn't anymore.

The sound issues in TS3 are too random and happen too often, sometimes they seem to be without any reason. And there is still not a single statement about that from the Devs. I mean, sound should be the priority in a Voice Tool, and then the rest.

Additional info from my friend:

Yesterday he turned on TS, set a hotkey "N" on keyboard, closed TS and opened again. He spoke for 20-30 min with no problem. Then he started IL-2 and few moments after mission was loaded (about 1 min), he was not audible. He did not have any problems while running TS3 parallel with Tunngle, HypperLobby and other applications.

With joystick, he tried following, but the problem persists in each case:
    - open TS3 > unplug USB stick > plug the stick
    - uninstall TS3 > unplug stick > install TS3 > plug stick
    - while installed but not opened TS3 > unplug stick > plug stick > open TS3

I also might add that TS3 seems to affected by other Applications such as Games. When we play Trackmania for example, everyone tells me that the sound in TS3 of me sounds much worse than before I started the Game.

In LEFT 4 DEAD, after I reinstalled it, i changed the Sound from Stereo to 5.1 and my sound in TS3 was gone. Had to restart TS3 again to have sound in it.

That probably happens with other Games too.

Problem still exists.
    Please, help.

Unhappy

Since there is no official statement I am afraid they don't see it as a problem.
    Too bad. If that won't be fixed I go back to Ventrilo. No issues like that with that one.

For time being, I would like to see official recognition of this problem. I can wait until it is fixed, as long as someone from the dev team reads this

By the way. I use the "push to talk" modus and the button F12 to talk. And i wasn´t gaming when the sounds are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenSix View Post
    By the way. I use the "push to talk" modus and the button F12 to talk. And i wasn´t gaming when the sounds are gone.
    Yup, thats the most confusing part. My friend is "silent" after a period of time, no matter if a game was started or not, or any other program. It happens by itself. His talking indicator is lit up, but noone can hear him. And when he preforms a test during this "silence", test is OK.

Angry

I reinstalled Windows today, threw out the Soundblaster Titanium and use my onboard Realtek Sound again. The issue with Games, that after a while there is no transmission of voice anymore, even if the icon shows that there is something, didn't changed with switching away from Soundblaster.

So that issue still remains. And it is very annoying. I am somewhat disappointed that so far no Developer or Supporter has posted in this thread, at least showing interest in what obviously makes problems, since its not only me that has it.

Games where that happend with so far are Trackmania (often), HL2 (occasionally), BF:Bad Company 2 (sometimes) and what not...

I would really appreciate anyone responsible for TS3 to at least show interest in this issue. Kinda drives one away from TS3 if you ask me.

Problem still persist despite all attempts and even trying to play around with TV card KWorld (PCI card with separate cable that provides sound - removing the cable, pluging into different audio inputs, disabling in Control Panel, muting line-in or aux input....), and with same results.
    Over last two days he is "voiceless" mostly when starting another applications (FreeTrack, LOMAC, IL-2), and occasionally when starting a second application.

Thread Information