Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

[SOLVED] Sound not transmitted after a while

A friend of mine has a problem with TS3, he does not speak English and I'll try to mediate

All is OK when he joins our server. After a while, we cannot hear him, although his transmitting indicator in TS3 is lit up. When he preforms mic test in capture setting, during this "silence", he can hear himself.
    This "voice disappearance" happens regardless of his TS3 usage, number of other clients present on server, application/game that is started, not started or turned off. It happens regularly after 2-5 minutes.
    He had no problem with TS2. None of the other 10-12 regular users have similar problem. He tried to change capture/playback devices, activation method (push, voice, constant), but with no change.
    Last night we were playing IL-2 and I think (but I'm not sure) that I was able to hear him, but extremely faintly.

Specs:
    - MBO Asus a7v600-x, VIA chipset
    - Sound: integrated WDM 3663, SoundMax
    - CPU Sempron XP 2500+
    - VGA ATI 3850
    - Headphones Hama CS-118, newest model
    - TV card KWorld TV878
    - Windows XP SP2
    - unspecified PCI modem
    Last edited by Babalui; March 19th, 2010 at 01:40 AM.

Question

I have a similiar problem. But i have TS3 already installed a while and until today I never had a problem. But today, while we played different Games, after a while my friend seems not to hear me anymore. It won't work again until i restart my Teamspeak.

That didn't happen before, not with these Games, not in TS3. But now it does. Any ideas what this could be ?
    As I can see I am not the only one.

My Soundcard: Creative X-FI Titanium

I also think that Creative Soundcards in general don't like Teamspeak, it was back then with old Soundblasters already in TS2 and now it seems to be similiar.
    Creative & Teamspeak seems not a good mix.

Ive got the same problem. All is OK when i joins our server. After a while, the other users cannot hear me, although my transmitting indicator in TS3 is lit up.
    Sometimes my soundcard driver crashed too, sometime he didnt. When i use the setup wizard in TS3, often it works very well, but only in the wizard.

What have i done:
    - new update of the TS3 client
    - uninstalled the TS3 client
    - complette new TS3 client installed
    - uninstalled the soundcard driver
    - new installed the the soundcard driver

Specs:
    Asus Rampage Formular
    Soundcard: integrated SoundMax WDM ?
    ATI 4870X2
    4 GB Ram
    XP Professionell SP3
    Sennheizer PC 131

Question

No reaction from the Devs about that maybe ? I would say its a recurring problem. Is there any idea what causes it and when its gonna be fixed ?

PS - Some buddies had problem assigning hotkeys on various USB joysticks. Their solution was to unplug/plug joystick in various combinations with starting/installing TS3.
    I say above only because this friend of mine tried with the same in regard with his problem, and to no positive effect so far.

Biggest annoyance is that we are not able to relate this problem to anything. It happens irregularly, and it happens all the time.

PS - Our server is in Germany, and we are in Croatia. I says this only cos Croatia is linked to www via Slovenia > Austria > Germany > World
    Last edited by Babalui; January 28th, 2010 at 08:00 PM.

Question

Today we had a total mess. SOmetimes we had no issues and all sounds great, i mean literally, then next time half of the people sounds like robots, then sometime later one is doing echo like hell, then he doesn't anymore.

The sound issues in TS3 are too random and happen too often, sometimes they seem to be without any reason. And there is still not a single statement about that from the Devs. I mean, sound should be the priority in a Voice Tool, and then the rest.

I'm having the same issue and i can't relate it to anything basically.
    My voice simply stops to be heard at some point, restarting ts3 doesn't seem to solve it. Only solution so far, seems to be rebooting my machine, but eventually the same situation occurs after a while.
    Sometimes i'm using vent at the same time, and every time that sound stops in ts3, same happens on vent. But vent doesn't have any issues when its the only voip app running, or ts2 for the same matter. Its obviously ts3, sadly.

My specs:
    MB >Asus P5B
    Soundcard: (inboard) ADI AD 1988A 8-channel / SoundMax

Cheers

Is TS3 loosing CPU priority for some reason?
    Is it loosing network priority?
    Is there any way he can generate any sort of report? His TS3 client is not showing any visible signs of error.

I tried giving him channel and server admin permissions, but that does not help either.

Please, this is rather urgent. This user is one of most valuable member of our clan, and cos our TS lease is expiring this month, we are forced to consider alternatives

2010-02-07 15:50:54.328125 Info Logging started, clientlib version: 3.0.0-beta13 [Build: 10118]
    2010-02-07 15:50:54.734375 ClientUI Info TeamSpeak 3 client version: 3.0.0-beta13 [Build: 10118]
    2010-02-07 15:50:54.734375 ClientUI Info Qt version: 4.5.3
    2010-02-07 15:50:54.734375 ClientUI Info Using configuration location: C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/QueenSix/Anwendungsdaten/TS3Client/ts3clientui_qt.conf
    2010-02-07 15:50:55.218750 ClientUI Info Last update check was: So 7. Feb 15:06:22 2010
    2010-02-07 15:51:00.390625 Error Error setting PreProcessorConfigValues when updating capture system: 2304
    This message will be generated in the client log

Something like this?

It look like this

Quote Originally Posted by indie View Post
    I'm having the same issue and i can't relate it to anything basically.
    My voice simply stops to be heard at some point, restarting ts3 doesn't seem to solve it. Only solution so far, seems to be rebooting my machine, but eventually the same situation occurs after a while.
    Sometimes i'm using vent at the same time, and every time that sound stops in ts3, same happens on vent. But vent doesn't have any issues when its the only voip app running, or ts2 for the same matter. Its obviously ts3, sadly.

My specs:
    MB >Asus P5B
    Soundcard: (inboard) ADI AD 1988A 8-channel / SoundMax

Cheers
    Please update your soundcard driver. We can't say how your soundcard driver acts with more then 1 voip program at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Please update your soundcard driver. We can't say how your soundcard driver acts with more then 1 voip program at the same time.
    Hi

Well, you might not know how my soundcard acts while using more then one voip app at the same time but i do
    Previously i was using, without any problems at all, ts2 and ventrilo. I ran this 2 apps for hours straight without any issue.

I've updated my drivers, using the latest update on the asus website, driver is: AD1988AB_Audio_V6585_XpVistaWin7

Today i've logged onto our server and after 20 minutes or so, the guys stopped hearing me again.
    The server version that my group is using is:
    Version: 3.0.0-beta18 [Build: 10190]
    My client version is:
    Version: 3.0.0-beta15 [Build: 10190] / qt version > 4.5.3

Btw, yesterday tried ts2 and vent and they're working fine with the new drivers.

I'm going to reboot my machine now, and i'll get back into that server and generate a client log.
    I'll post more info if i'm successful.

Cheers

This is the screnshot when his voice was lost (talk indicator lit up)
    The problematic one is Zilos

Any ideas?
    Our TS lease is coming up soon and we have to decide

Thread Information