Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Post AntiFlood, Talk Power n' IdleTime question

1. How does that Anti-Flood work? (already asked that but never get an answer)
    Points Tick Reduce? Maybe every message he sends he got +5 points and after 150 he gets a warning or what???

2. Why i dont see the Talk Power of clients anymore in the newer versions of TS3?

3. Is it possible to set, if someone doesnt say something for x minutes/seconds to move him automatically in my afk channel?

4. Which group override which?
    ServerGroup < ClientRights < ChannelRights < ChannelGroups < ChannelClientGroups maybe?
    Last edited by BetaAlien; January 27th, 2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: 4. Question added.

1.) For every Action you perform on a Server (Joining/switching channels, chatting in the server/channel/private Tabs, etc) you receive a certain amount of Points (Points depend on the action performed and are unknown afaik). Once your Points reach the limit specified in the ServerProperties action will be taken against the flooder (warn, kick, ban). For each Time Unit aka Tick (Seconds?) points are removed from the Client (how many can be specified in the ServerProperties).

2.) Because the devs decided it was of no interest for the users and removed in Beta 10 iirc.

3.) Not without 3rd Party Tools / scripts / plugins / whatsoever. However you CAN automatically kick clients from the Server after a certain amount of time in which they did nothing. Check i_client_max_idletime permission for this one.

Question

OK i tried following for testing:

Channel Groups (testing channel):
    i_client_max_idletime 3

ServerGroups/ServerQueryAdmin (like me)
    i_client_max_idletime -1 Skip = true

Now i should not get kicked right? But i still get kicked.

---------
    I tried:

Channel Groups (testing channel):
    i_client_max_idletime 3

Channel Client Rights/ me / testing channel
    i_client_max_idletime -1

Works, i dont get kicked...
    --------------

But the problem is, i dont want to set the rights for every single person who should not get kicked, i want to do it via Server Groups... what did i do wrong?

As for the 4th Question you edited in: Yes in theory it should be like that.

As for your Test Scenario: It is possible that you have been in another Servergroup that had i_client_max_idletime specified with a value higher than 0 which in turn would override your skipped -1 in the ServerAdmin Group, so that while your ChannelGroup was skipped the value from the other ServerGroup would still take effect and kick you.
    I did some quick test myself and it actually didnt matter wether I had the permission skipped in the Servergroup or not I wouldn't get kicked. This leads me to the conclusion they changed something so that -1 gets recognized as infinite by the checks and is always higher than any other value assigned (ie. it wont get overridden) or there is some myterious stuff going on and only some permissions get overridden. I tend to say its the former though.

On a sidenote: don't let the devs know you put yourself into SQA Group... They don't seem to like it

Unhappy

damn that did not fixed the problem, looks like skip doesnt work for that permission and -1 get overriden by 3.

I tried out every possible combination in ServerGroups but it wont work

btw: sometime it takes a bit too get kicked (about 1 min)

For the Talkpower ... i want them back too. Maybe the Devs can implent a permission that a Admin can set who can see the talkpower and who not?

Greetz,

Setting -1 on idle time is not a good idea. Try with zero if you want to disable it

Thread Information