Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Teamspeak 3 client crashes on connect

If I connect to any server the Teamspeak 3 client crashes and crashes XP.

On restart it says my sound card is the issue.

It is an ancient Soundblaster PCI 512 which worked fine with TS2 and with every other current application or game I use.

Could someone confirm what is causing this (can't find the 'myfiles' crashlog)?

I am pretty sure the soundcard is the issue, is there something specific TS3 needs from a sound card or is this just simply not supported (last driver was 2001! ) lol

Thanks,

Sorry yes I already checked this first comes up 1 (positive).

Ok what does log tells you? You can find them under,
    C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\config\logs
    or
    C:\Documents and Setting\user\application data\TS3 client\logs

Same problem

I am having the same problems with XP Pro, the tester is reporting my CPU as 1 positive for being SSE compatible, I also HAD an audigy sound blaster 2 Z5, but removed it as the sound output was rather quiet and annoying me when having to turn my amp up and down constantly for different devices, however In have the same issue using both the sound card, and the built in sound chipset.

It could be possible that the fact that the drivers are what is causing the issue, and for me the fact that although they should not be in use, although they do still remain is allowing them to continue causing the problem.

If you look at my other posts you will find other details and debug logs, I would be extremely grateful if you could look into this for me as I am part of a nnew, young and thriving gaming community and am attempting to help wherever I can, but am being held back by my lack of ability to communicate easily with the rest of the community.

Angry New patch still crashes on connect

Still not resolved latest T3 client patch crashes machine on connection

Log attached but it's doesnt appear to contain anything useful?

I still think this is a soundcard/driver issue as nothing else on my machine could cause this. Is there a minimum requirement of sound card or a list of them somewhere so I can just go buy a new one? Also I have a PCI sound card not a PCI(E) I dont have any PCI(E) slots on my motherboard and this PCI(E) standard of slot seems to be all that is sold new today.

The only thing left would be for me to go buy a new motherboard and potentially a few other bits and rip my machine appart or just buy a new one. I don't want to buy all this if I dont have to or worse still end up still having the issue due to wider TS3 soundcard incompatability or it being another issue I could migrate across to the new machine (software or hardware).

All a bit extreame to just use TS3 but basicly I am at the point where I basicly HAVE to use TS3 to play the MMO games I enjoy at the level I want to which is in my opinion annoying especially as this software crashes my machine.

Try doing this before connecting.

Go into Settings and then Options.

Click on Playback and make sure the Playback Mode is set to Direct Sound and select Speakers or Headphones.

Then Click on Capture and make sure that this is set to Direct Sound, and the Microphone.

Click on Ok, and try to connect.

Thread Information