Forum

Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Option to backup 3rd party hosted server settings

Having an option to backup/restore server settings when your server is hosted by a 3rd party would be great! If someone spent lots of time getting all their settings/permissions just right only to lose them that would suck. If an option to backup and restore server settings was added along w/ a permission so that only Server Admins could use it would be quite useful. This could also be useful if someone wants to test new settings and be able to revert to the old ones instead of manually doing it.

Wink

I second that. Had to do it 3x by now, 1x at my old hoster. 2x at my new hoster because of issues with the Server. I put a lot of work into description, formating, permissions etc. and to loose that again just because of some hickup at my hoster or an update that goes wrong, that would s*** badly.

Please !

Yeah that does suck man! Thankfully I haven't had to do it yet but you never know. Could upgrade to the next version and end up w/ a corrupt database or something...

What access do you have there? Any serverquerylogin? If yes, which commands are available?

If you don't know then ask your hoster. Without these informations there is no way to help you

The provider did not give us the serveradmin password so we're outta luck for anything that requires it.

Give me the IP+Port and I will come over to have a look what is possible...

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    The provider did not give us the serveradmin password so we're outta luck for anything that requires it.
    None of the Hosters that rent Teamspeak Servers, give you Serverquery Access ! Thats usually the biggest problem when renting a TS Server and limits your possibilties a big deal.

That is interesting Wolfseye, I thought it may have just been oversight or reluctance from my specific provider. Wonder if an option like this would even work if you don't have SQ access??

Thread Information