Forum

[Solved] [bug] Windows client, drag-drop, abort

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and can transfer files with the client to and from my 32 bit Linux server no problem. Today I was dragging-dropping files on to the file browser window (from my local drive to the server) and it was working... until I dragged a file already there and I clicked abort. Once abort is clicked the client just closes, no errors display. I reconnect to the server and have a "ghost" for a little while so the client didn't even send a disconnect command to the server. I was able to repeat this several times it always exited the client when I clicked abort.

Client version: 3.0.0-beta13 [Build: 10118]
    Last edited by Screech; February 8th, 2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Added client version info.

This just happened to me also. I was updating one file in the channel and i accidentally send a shortcut (*.lnk) and the client just closed without any warning. When i rejoined there was also a clone of mine and the shortcut was not sent.

I am able to reproduce but it only happens with some shortcuts. Some cause the client to crash. The others give a "file input/output error" and then all the file transfers hang and i can not send any more files. The client logs this:
    2010-02-04 17:34:08.629767 UIFiletransfer Error Error sending file: error = 2051, transferId = 0: file not found
    Hope this helps

I had someone on public server English Talk -1- test it and he says it is not crashing for him. I'll test on some other computers and OSs. I was working with a ZIP file that was about 5.5MB.

Just got a break and tested with Windows XP Pro 32 bit, same TS3 client version. Get the same client closes with no errors and without closing connections to servers. I used a much smaller ZIP file this time, only about 13KB.

First computer is the one speced in my profile. This one is a Asus P4C800-E with an Intel P4 3Ghz process (single core with HT).

Tested on two more servers, one running Linux the other Windows. Same results.

This will be fixed in Beta14.

Got beta15 [build 10190] this morning and it is fixed. Thanks.

Thread Information