Forum

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hi

It may not be easy to understand, and even less to manage, but for now this is how its done:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=51003

Regards

Rafter Guest
    I am shocked! Very shocked!
    It seems that not even the programmer can explain how it should be done. But I hope I am wrong of course

I will try to cut the example out in very thick paper, using some examples from previous posts

BadBoys have access to channel #badboys - given the channelgroup [badboys] permissions.

GoodGuys have access to channel #goodguys - given the channelgroup [goodguys] permissions.

Both #channels: i_channel_needed_join_power = 20

channelgroup [badboys]: i_channel_join_power = 30
    channelgroup [goodguys]: i_channel_join_power = 20

This way the ppl given [badboys] channelgroup permissions, can enter their own #channel, but can also enter GoodGuys #channel

It is like forgetting ALL about channelgroups and just give each client his own level of join power.. The client with the highest join power level can run around in every other channel on the server

What is it I dont understand here? Please someone tell me that I am just blind or something

Rafter Guest
    Well. I did find out something by myself

If I create a token, of type Channel Group, Choose the group, and then choose which Channel the channelgroup permissions should give access to, it works fine. I can get access to only that specific channel and no one else, even if they have lower needed join power level.

But how do I assign a channelgroup to a specific channel, when not using the token way of doing it?

I actually used a link to connect: (Found it in another thread).
    ts3server://ts3.host.com/?token=ss4chthzS2Tm40sx293gAsSxZ3SPJ2LNcLt23J7x
    It just didnt work if my server uses non-deafult port(9987) like: ts3.host.com:9990/?token=.....

Quote Originally Posted by ElTorqiro View Post
    I have several channels on my server that I would like to limit access to on a per-group basis, without having to rely on passwords.

e.g.

- Channel "Good People" *only* accessible by users in the "Goodies" group

- Channel "Bad People" *only* accessible by the users in the "Baddies" group

I can't seem to get this to work. In fact, I can't see how I can get any group based restrictions that are not governed by the magic power numbers. The group mechanics seem to be based on the premise that one group is naturally superior to another group, and it seems impossible to create groups that are identical from a "power" point of view, but have some other distinguishing characteristic so that channel access etc can be better moderated.

To make the above work you don’t do it through the Server Groups.

Groups “Good People” and “Bad People” in Guest or Normal “Server Group”
    Create one channel called “Good People” with “Channel Permissions” i_channel_need_join_power at 100 & i_client_needed_talk_power at 100

Do the exact same thing to the created second channel “Bad People”

To give people access:
    Go to Permissions “Channel Client Permissions” in “Client” use the database ID of the person you want to add, then hit the green arrow. Under “Channel” pick the channel you want that person to have access to, ether “Good People” channel or “Bad People” channel. Under “Permissions” add i_channel_join_power at 100 & i_client_talk_power at 100 .

You can create more channels like this and only the people that you assign to that channel can enter that channel. This is a basic setup I created and tested, so I know it works.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by damaboo; March 21st, 2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: edit

Rafter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by damaboo View Post

Create one channel called “Good People” with “Channel Permissions” i_channel_need_join_power at 100 & i_client_needed_talk_power at 100

To give people access:
    Go to Permissions “Channel Client Permissions” in “Client” use the database ID of the person you want to add, then hit the green arrow. Under “Channel” pick the channel you want that person to have access to, ether “Good People” channel or “Bad People” channel. Under “Permissions” add i_channel_join_power at 100 & i_client_talk_power at 100 .

You can create more channels like this and only the people that you assign to that channel can enter that channel. This is a basic setup I created and tested, so I know it works.

Hope this helps
    Thank U for the explanation!
    But U dont use ChannelGroups in your example.. How do we use that?

Quote Originally Posted by R3M__ View Post
    It would be really nice to have a drop-down list of groups in the "Edit Channel" options eg.:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2v0g4ef.png

This would make administrating the channels so much easier

1. create a group
    2. add users
    3. create a channel
    4. add a group to the channel
    5. bingo access policy done

nice but i dont ve te option Group access what is wrong ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    This is possible and easy.

Use channel groups, the good guys get the "enter group" in channel goodies. The bad guys get the "enter group" in channel baddies. The enter group gives you i_channel_join_power that is sufficient to join the channel (the channel has a very high i_channel_needed_join_power). Easy peasy japanesy.
    Tried it and it doesn't stop the bad guys from getting (see rafters post)

btw - I followed your link and got a good laugh about forums etiquette

Oh, We all feel welcome and secure in a humble and down to earth home with Windows and Gates

I did a post in this thread http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=51683 that shows how to set up a simple server so that only people you want can join a channel using Channel Groups or Channel Client Permissions.
    Last edited by damaboo; February 25th, 2010 at 02:58 AM. Reason: edit

Quote Originally Posted by damaboo View Post

To give people access:

Hope this helps
    Is there a way to do this with groups instead of just single client at a time? That way you just add a user to the group instead of having to set the permissions on each person.

Thanks

a little howto:
    a new channel group(only one new channel group):
    can_join_channel

this group need the permission "channel join power" with the value 75 for example. the groups voice, operator and channel admin need this two if you want them to join that channel^^.

now two new channel:
    Guild 1
    Guild 2

Channel permission "needed channel join power" to the same or lower value then the "channel join power" value of your channel group.

Now you need to check that your Server Groups do not have a "channel join power" value higher or same like "needed channel join power" of your channel "Guild 1" and "Guild 2"

Now you move a person in Guild 1 and give him the channel group can_join_channel.

Everytime he get the "channel join power" of the channel group BEFORE he join the channel. If he is in the channel Guild 1 and want to switch into channel Guild 2. Happens two things 1. he lose his current channel group with it the "channel join power" 2. he get the channel group he has in "Guild 2". If he never was in "Guild 2" he get the channel group "guest" and if this group doesn't have the "channel join power" set to the high value he can't join it! everything works well! If you want a server to see it with your own eyes ask me and you can see it on my server.

greeting

Banana

what if you have 3 or more groups that you want to do this with. You can do this with the Channel Client Permissions for each user but it would be easier if you could do it with a group.

Thanks,

Has there been any change to this? Set the permissions with a group and not just each user?

No way to do this with server groups. Have you read this thread?

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...t=manage+guild

How do i get that option to show up in my permission settings as its not there for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Famothas View Post
    @ Peter: I'm a little bit disappointed that you do not seem to understand the problem we want to be solved...(By the way, nice work with closing The_Holy_One's Thread)

The method to solve the problem you posted here doesn't work like that, because members of the "Goodies" group would be able to join the "Baddies" channel, which is exactly the problem we have.

R3M__ posted the easiest and only right method to solve the problem, but you still don't understand.

It should look this way:
    http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2...nnelaccess.jpg

This is exactly what we intend to do.
    That's why this thread is named "Allowing channel access for one group only"
    With the current options for TS3 it is not possible.
    In my opinion, the Talk-Power design is a complete fail.

I hope that will help you helping us^^

wow awesome necromancer talent you showed there
    Also that Image is just photoshopped (which is why it says should [in his opinion] look that way.) and there was never such thing in ts3.

Thread Information