Forum

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    4 years later a guy have the same problem and need help?
    i did not understand a shit of the answers below.
    we are basicly some swedes that dont want to be disturbed by other "non swedish speaking" people in our swedes only channel on our clans main ts server. what to do? since this thread is 4 year old i dint think the system is the same in ts and therefore im asking for a modern answer to this problem?

Allow channel access for one group only

Hi!
    I was searching for a while now and I couldn't find what I was looking for.
    So let's say that i have a channel "TEST1" and a server group "TEST1". Now I would like that only members of group "TEST1" can join the channel "TEST1" (and admins)... How can i do that ?
    Last edited by dante696; April 8th, 2015 at 12:07 PM. Reason: merged

Set a needed join power into the target channel and then set the same value for your group join power.

Thread title renamed
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hi everyone.

I have the same problem. I want 2 different channels for 2 different groups.
    Here's what I have done :

Channel Goodies : i_channel_needed_join_power 55
    Good guys : i_channel_join_power 55

And the same for Bad guys in channel Badies.
    It works fine. Good Guys can't join Badies channel, and Bad Guys can't go to Goodies channel.

But I want an officer in each of thoses groups, someone who will add people to Good Guys channelgroup.

I made an other channelgroup called Good Guy Officer.
    Here are the permissions I have set :

i_channel_join_power 55
    i_group_member_add_power 55

And in the Good Guys channelgroup permissions :

i_needed_group_member_add_power 50

But it doesn't work. The Officer cannot add someone from the channelgroup Guest to the channelgroup Good Guys.

Help ?!

Group Kids

Hello i run a server with many groups and channels. I add a group called Kid. I wanna this group can join only one channel the Kid Channel. Is this possible ? how i can do that? i see the advance settings but i can't find a solution.
    Last edited by dante696; April 24th, 2015 at 09:32 AM. Reason: merged

This must be done with a channel group and enough join power and needed join power on target channel.
    Also your default Server group should not be able to join other channels by default.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

can you give some examples ?

Groups Permissions

Dear,

i'm searching for help, cause i use teamspeak since ts2 but i still don't know how to set up this.

I Will create a few groups Eg:

Builders
    Helpers
    Moderators

And i have 3 limited red channels. So, i want this:

Builders can join the limited red channel "Builders" (but he can not join the helpers/admins/mods he can just join that builders channel)
    Helpers can join the limited red channel "Helpers" (the same as builders and moderators)
    Moderators the same thing can only join the channel red limited Moderators not the other limited channels.

Here a print:

Name:  07bRok6.png
Views: 376
Size:  6.6 KB

(If you know how, or you are a ts3 moderator please help me step by step)

Thank you,
    Ricardo,
    Rollwow.
    Last edited by dante696; May 4th, 2015 at 09:57 PM. Reason: merged, already asked and answered

You can do this with channel groups instead of server groups. Make it so that each room that you want restricted to one type of people EG: Builders is join on 75 for example. Then, create an "Access" channel group that would give them join 75 power. Put that power in that channel only. (please note, if you branch off of this channel, the channel group will be inherited and they will have the power in all of the groups that are under it.)

I was talking about channel to single group so Now builder can join mod's and helpers but helpers can't join mods and builders Yes its fine to me Thank you. But it's not what i asked i was talking about Builders can only join builders, mods can only join mods and helpers the same. ~But nvm.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    This must be done with a channel group and enough join power and needed join power on target channel
    This is not possible with Server Groups.
    One group will always be able to join other channels with their talk power.

Server groups

Heyy

I have a question I want to make a group that only can join one channel with a join power of 75, but if I give them a join power of 75 they can join other channels but I don't want that.
    How do I set that they only can join that channel and not the other channels

Sorry for my bad English.

-Wizaid
    Last edited by dante696; May 6th, 2015 at 08:51 AM. Reason: forum search?

Instead of server group, create a channel group with same setup.
    Assign that channel group to user you want in that channel.

restricting access to channels

Hello, I have a factions Minecraft server and i want to be able to make rooms for the separate factions and only let the people in that faction join the channel but not be able to join other faction channels but also access normal channels as well

so i want them to be able to access normal channels and only there faction channel but not other faction channels.

I tried this http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...cific-channel)

but i cant seem to get it to work, it seems to restrict them from general chat and they only have access to there faction chat.

also i want to be able to let them edit there channel only and also set channel admin to there channel only

is any of the possible, thankyou for taking the time to read, if you need more info please ask
    Last edited by dante696; June 8th, 2015 at 09:19 PM. Reason: merged. use channel groups for this

did my post get moved?

Thread Information