Forum

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    This is possible and easy.

Use channel groups, the good guys get the "enter group" in channel goodies. The bad guys get the "enter group" in channel baddies. The enter group gives you i_channel_join_power that is sufficient to join the channel (the channel has a very high i_channel_needed_join_power). Easy peasy japanesy.
    okay ive tried to do it with channel groups but still have trouble, i give the channel group permission to a member and the rank is set at 1000 join power and the channel is 1000 needed join power but it says insufficient client permissions (failed on i_channel_join_power)

so i need to give the client the perm, this is so annoying, also if there are 3 channels that i want differnt users to access only 1 channel per person, the person the the highest join power can get in all 3 channels but the person with lowest join power can only access his channel...

i really need help

Ashstyx
    Please stop double posting in new Threads!

As said before. This is not possible with server groups.
    You must assign channel groups with a join power.

In case your groups do have SKIP flags se on i_channel_join_power and i_channel_needed_join_power will also cause problems with the soloution with channel groups.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Ashstyx
    Please stop double posting in new Threads!

As said before. This is not possible with server groups.
    You must assign channel groups with a join power.

In case your groups do have SKIP flags se on i_channel_join_power and i_channel_needed_join_power will also cause problems with the soloution with channel groups.
    ok i figured it out and channel groups dont work, if you helped then i would have to re create posts, but the recreated posts are worded differently, but any1 that needs help with this all u do is set channel join power to 100 then go to channel client perms and type join in the filter drag and drop the user name accross and then make sure u have the correct channel selected and make the join power 100 and then only that person can join that channel, do this for every person and channel and it works fine, you can also give them kick and move powers on that single channel, i am still trying to figure out how to give them admin rights to change other members perms just for that channel but every time i add the power and they try change a clients perms it says it cant

Quote Originally Posted by Ashstyx View Post
    okay
    i really need help
    Hello,
    As you can see dante696 doesn't like your reposting. So please don't ask same question in different ways.
    To answer your previous question,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashstyx View Post
    did my post get moved?
    It got moved because what you want or what you need if you like, is same as repeatedly asked question in this forum thread.
    Now that generaly means that user, should go and if not read whole history, at least read first few posts.
    In this case there are 3 alternatives described that helps you tackle problem similar to yours.(I suggest option 3)

I also see that Peter did described you one of many ways you can solve it. He however forgot to mention detail for beginners.
    You have to assign that channel group goodies to users who should be able to access that channel's.
    If you want to make it easier just make sure you assign it to them on most parent channel possible so you can utilize inheritance in subchannels.
    Dante696 tried to summarize it quite well too. I'm just writing a longer version.

I could give you an little demo for instance on my server I have similar setup.
    I or someone with free time could take a look at your setup.

Either way, if you want further help, FIRST read few posts.
    Then if you are still lost post details of what you have(simplified by instead of dumping whole thousand channels just make it 10) and what you did(channel group names and their permissions) as well as what you did with users(assigned groups)......
    (we know what you are trying to get to so you can skip that now ;-))
    Last edited by Tomas; June 15th, 2015 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Suggested option

Limit specific users to joining a channel?

Is there a way through using channel/server groups to give access to a specific channel (or like a channel whitelist). The reason is that I want to have a channel where no-one can join unless they have a "key" to join. Not even other server admins. Or is there a way to change permission value of a server group (specifically "Moderators" because it isn't a default group) from 75 to 50 or something?

Thanks.
    Last edited by dante696; October 15th, 2015 at 02:43 PM. Reason: merged

Channel groups

I would like to make a channel where I want to use some channel groups.
    But I only want to use those channel groups in that channel.
    Is this possible??? Yes???

Can you give me a example how to do it?

Greetings Do3sY
    Last edited by dante696; November 10th, 2015 at 06:04 PM. Reason: we did answer that already, merged

Help: Allowing a Channel Group to Access a Channel

I need help. I am new to TeamSpeak, and have read through this forum to find a solution to my problem, without success. I want to set up my guild's teamspeak server with channels that only certain users can access and see. For example, I want the following channels to be accessible to certain people:

Leader (accessible only to the guild leader)
    Successor (accessible to leader and successor only)
    Officers (accessible to leader, successor, and officers)

Having read here and elsewhere, I know that I should be able to do this using "Join Power" and "Needed Join Power." I understand that if I set up a Channel to have a Needed Join Power of 20, only users in groups that have a Join Power of 20 or higher should be able to access that channel. If I give my leader a Join Power that is equal to or higher than the Needed Join Power of a given channel, the leader will also have access to channels with a lower Needed Join Power.

But this does not work on my TeamSpeak. Here's what I have:

Officer Channel:
    i_channel_needed_join_power = 10
    i_channel_needed_subscribe_power = 10

Successor Channel:
    i_channel_needed_join_power = 20
    i_channel_needed_subscribe_power = 20

Leader Channel:
    i_channel_needed_join_power = 30
    i_channel_needed_subscribe_power = 30

I also have corresponding Channel Groups, as follows:

Officer Channel Group:
    i_channel_join_power=10
    i_channel_subscribe_power=10

Successor Channel Group:
    i_channel_join_power=20
    i_channel_subscribe_power=20

Leader Channel Group:
    i_channel_join_power=30
    i_channel_subscribe_power=30

What happens is that someone in the "Officer Channel Group" can access the Officer channel, but not the other two. However, someone in the Leader Channel Group has exactly the same permission: they can access the officer group, but not the leader or successor group, even though they have a Join Power of 30.

What am I doing wrong? I feel as if I'm missing some simple setting or have made a mistaken adjustment somewhere that is blocking my effort to make this happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

NikolaiWolf
    Last edited by dante696; December 17th, 2015 at 08:34 AM. Reason: merged

Server group join power

Hey,

Can someone tell me how I set a certain server group the permission to join a particular channel.

So as example I want to give group A the permission to join Channel A, but not Channel B
    And I want Channel B to be able to join Channel B but not Channel A.

Help pl0x.
    Last edited by dante696; January 13th, 2016 at 11:35 AM. Reason: merged, use channel groups or channel client permissions here

Create a Tag that allows for the entrance of a specific channel

Now, what most of you are thinking right away, is to set a specific join power for said channel and said tag grants said join power and thats that.
    But what im asking here is if theres another way so that theres no overlapping of tags for this (one tag allows for the entrance of more channels due to it giving more join power), in other words, like a key of sorts (no passwords!), is this possible?
    Last edited by dante696; January 18th, 2016 at 08:39 AM. Reason: merged

Nope, you must use join power as channel group or channel-client permission to restrict it per channel.
    This was answered a million times.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Question Permission to 3 clans

I have a big problem i hope someone can help me with.

On my server i have the following groups

Administrator = Access to all permission = 75
    Super Admin = 70
    Moderator = 65
    Clan 1 = 60
    Clan 2 = 60
    Clan 3 = 60
    VIP = 40
    Regulars = 30
    Guest = 25

Then i have 3 room to each clan

Clan room 1
    Clan romm 2
    Clan room 3

All clan members have the same permission they can move, kick and ban other members below them but not members over them and the must not have permission to move around, kick ban each other.
    How do i setup permission for that ?

Only clan members from clan 1 must be abel to join clan room 1, clan 1 must not be able to join clan room 2 and clan room 3 and the other way around.

People belov Clan 1, 2 and 3 must not se members in the 3 clan rooms.

And the last thing how to disable all members to set channel groups only Administrator need to have access to do that ?
    Last edited by dante696; January 21st, 2016 at 03:15 PM. Reason: merged, does anyone use the forum search ????

Groups permissions

Hello Community, what I mean is, for example, have several groups. That is, each group has its channel and the other groups can not enter the I say. For example: Group 1 - Group 1 is but can not enter channel 2 does to 3.
    Group 2 - Group 2 has the channel but can not enter either 1 to 3.
    Group 3 - Group 3 has the channel but can not get even 1 or 2.
    I tried testing change permissions, put 20, 21 and 23 but 23 could enter the other channels could go after 21 to 20 and 20 could not get any.
    Last edited by dante696; February 1st, 2016 at 12:06 PM. Reason: merged - use channel groups for this

[Help] Set channel groups

ĦĦthank's!!!
    Last edited by Kabecilla; March 3rd, 2016 at 10:23 PM.

Making only certain people join groups

Hi! Im making a Teamspeak server for a Fallout Roleplay server. My problem is I want to have radio stations for each faction, so people cant break RP i need to make it so say people from Group A cant join Group B's channel and Group B can't join Group A's channel.
    Last edited by dante696; April 12th, 2016 at 10:17 AM. Reason: merged

How??

Hello everyone! I want to know how I have to do to make sure that other admin come to my rooms ?
    Last edited by dante696; May 10th, 2016 at 03:26 PM. Reason: merged , see post #2

Thread Information