Forum

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Unable to move

Hey, i want one channel, wich is only joinable with a spec. Group Rank. Also no one can be moved to this channel. Is this possible ?

Like a group A Channel is only joinable with the Group A. But A can't move B Groups in the A Channel. (A group is like an moderator and B like member)
    Last edited by dante696; May 20th, 2016 at 06:52 PM. Reason: merged

Channel groups are the magic words.
    Please read post #2 for informations
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Well, if i try to move a group in the Channel it still works :/ But i should not be able to move someone in the channel
    Also if i am not in the Channel, i can move people in the channel.

In order to move people to and from channels you will need enough i_client_move_power in both the source and the target channel. So your move_power in the channel the client to be moved is currently in and in the channel you're trying to move the client into will need to be equal to or higher than the i_client_needed_move_power for that client in both channels for the move to be possible.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Hello,

I'm owner of a community (and a french non-profit organization). Of course, we have a registered licence 256 slots.

On my TeamSpeak Server, I have different sections, these are a part of them :
    - Community
    - Stream
    - Family (Staff & Friends)

We have some gaming groups and section groups :
    - All players can join Community section.
    - Only Friends & Family can join Family section.

The join power of my groups are :
    - Friends : 45
    - Family : 50

And now, we have the Stream Section, and I would like only the Subscribers of the Streamer can join the channels of these section.
    Of course, i gave a join power to the "Subscribers" group, like join power 10.

My problem is :
    How can I block to the Friends & Family groups the access to these channels ? Their join power is higher (45 & 50)...

Ok, you'll say me I can give a power join of 55 (for example) to the Subscribers, but they will have the power to join the Family section, and I don't want it !

I now how to give a join power user by user, but in this case, I need to give to a group a join power to join only one section.

But, I don't think it's possible to do it

Thanks to help me !

Regards,
    Marounda

What we repeat: Use a channel group for restricted channel access.

Create or use an existing group. -> Set a needed join power of 55 into the channel. -> Set a join power of 55 into the channel group. -> Assign the channel group to your Streamers. -> Now only they can join the channel.

Or assign channel-client permissions to these streamers to have the same effect for that channel.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    What we repeat: Use a channel group for restricted channel access.

Create or use an existing group. -> Set a needed join power of 55 into the channel. -> Set a join power of 55 into the channel group. -> Assign the channel group to your Streamers. -> Now only they can join the channel.

Or assign channel-client permissions to these streamers to have the same effect for that channel.
    It's ok thanks!

Creating room that only a specific people can enter

For example I play perfect world and let's use Werebeast as an example, I give that group server to someone and them I want that only people with Werebeast Group server can enter in a specific room is that possible? Sorry if my english is bad

/Edit by mod
    You need to use a channel group for this.
    Last edited by dante696; June 20th, 2016 at 08:25 AM. Reason: merged

Channel Join Power problem

I manage a small TS server and wanted to restrict some channel access. So I have set server group Channel Join power at various levels, and channels with various needed join powers. But its not restricting access. Am I doing something wrong?

ex:

Channel 1: Needed join power 50
    Channel 2: Needed join power 60
    Channel 3: Needed join power 65

Server Group 1:Channel join power 50
    Server Group 2:Channel join power 60
    Server Group 3: Channel join power 65

So my problem is Server Group 1 and 2 can access any of the 3 channels, when they shouldn't be able too? Is this just a glitch, or did I miss setting some other permissions?

how to make vip group with locked channels acceses.

Hello there!
    i would like to make a vip group in my teamspeak 3 server and i need help abit with one premmision.
    i want to make them have accses to the locked channels, how can i do that?

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by dante696; July 26th, 2016 at 06:58 AM. Reason: merged

Problem of permission

Hello,
    I wish to know if it is possible to make so that the server group A can join the chanel A but not the chanel B and so that the server group B can join the chanel B but not the chanel A
    Cordially.
    Last edited by dante696; August 5th, 2016 at 03:05 PM. Reason: merged

Permission that builder group cant join the helpers room and else

Hello community,

i have a one question. On teamspeak, i have a room named "Builders room", "Helpers room" and groups called "Builder" and "Helper". I want that the people in a Builder group can only join "Builder room" and cant join "Helpers room" and else the people in Helper group can only join to "Helper room" and cant join to "Builder room". I dont have any problem with teamspeak permissions but i really dont now. Thanks for helping and so sorry what this topic was here but i dont now, too much topices here .

Sorry for my english bros, thanks for support
    - Peetoss
    Last edited by dante696; September 9th, 2016 at 07:26 AM. Reason: merged, must be done with a channel group. explained in post #2

Permissions to specific groups for specific channels

I have a set of ranks on my server were every superior rank can move/moderate inferior ranks and so on. But I also have a few ranks on the same level with exactly the same permissions and just a different group_name/icon to distinguish them.

My problem is. I have some specific passwored channels for those groups but I can't find a way to only give permission each group to their specific channel. Ignoring password permission and join power doesn't work because both groups have the same power levels and therebefore gain acces to both passwored channels. I can give acces to unique ID's for a channel but as far as I know that works for users, not entire groups. Is there a way to give permission to specific groups for specific channels?
    Last edited by dante696; October 17th, 2016 at 11:10 PM. Reason: merged

Impossible with server group.

There is a way to solve it:
    - Remove ignore channel password from these server groups first.
    - Then you must use/create a channel group with ignore channel permission. I prefer a copy of existing channel group.
    - Set a password that no one else knows.
    - Assign the channel group to members in that channel.
    Done.

Note: User will get a password prompt when they try to join. But they just can press the OK button or return key on their keyboard.

Channels for certain ServerGroups

Hello dear TS 3 Community,

I was wondering how to make channels which only allows one servergroup to joind. I want to do it for more than one Servergroupd and all the servergroups wil have the same rights and powers, so I cant work with the joinpower, can i ?

Can you help me with this.
    Last edited by dante696; March 10th, 2017 at 01:50 PM. Reason: merged, not possible with server groups. use channel group for this. see post 2

Thread Information