Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TSViewer, Gametracker time out after a minute then come back online???

I have followed a few posts here to no avail.

Everything included in this post...
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...light=tsviewer
    and this post...
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...light=tsviewer

and none of them fix my problem.

The issue is when I start the server, it shows up on Gametracker and TSViewer. After about a minute, I get an error that these services can not connect. Then another minute after that, they can connect and show the right info. Then down again... And around and around it goes.

Does anyone know what is going on here? This is frustrating and driving me nuts that I can't figure it out!

No one??? Is it some kind of flood control thing?

check your global query admin flood settings, i had to set mine to 2 per second, which resulted in 10 in 5 seconds, before i no longer had problems with gametracker, tsviewer is easy just add their ip to the whitelist.

Quote Originally Posted by KiLLers NL View Post
    check your global query admin flood settings, i had to set mine to 2 per second, which resulted in 10 in 5 seconds, before i no longer had problems with gametracker, tsviewer is easy just add their ip to the whitelist.
    Where are you seeing a number for flood settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennybags View Post
    Where are you seeing a number for flood settings?
    add the ip addresses of their servers to the whitelist

I did, and it's still timing out. I notice the first IP in the whitelist file has a box behind it. Should I just enter the additional ip in the next line without a box or how should this be added?

I did, and it's still timing out. I notice the first IP in the whitelist file has a box behind it. Should I just enter the additional ip in the next line without a box or how should this be added?
    however it has it in the text file

OK... That's how I have it and it did not work.

Something else I notice that is happening is that I can not telnet into the TS3 server. If I try from the local computer, or a networked computer, the screen just is blank with no connection coming up.
    Last edited by Pennybags; February 17th, 2010 at 01:43 AM.

OK, I think I got it. So far so good and no drop outs. I can't believe no one could tell me this...

This is what I changed with flood controls through server query...

use sid=1
    instanceedit serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands=200 serverinstance_serverquery_flood_time=2

I am not totally understanding what numbers do what but out of all the mixing and matching I was doing this seems to work. If anyone could elaborate on this, it would be appreciated.

This is what I changed with flood controls through server query...

use sid=1
    instanceedit serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands=200 serverinstance_serverquery_flood_time=2

I am not totally understanding what numbers do. If anyone could elaborate on this, it would be appreciated.
    *facepalm* basically it means that a given cliend can send 200 commands in 2 seconds (or minutes?)

Quote Originally Posted by pillbox1234567 View Post
    *facepalm* basically it means that a given cliend can send 200 commands in 2 seconds (or minutes?)
    That's what I was thinking as well. I am not sure if it means minutes or seconds. But like I said, I tried playing with these numbers and originally had them set pretty low and close together. I figured I wouldn't want a huge number. (I don't even know what the default settings are and how servers are getting past this) But nothing would work with those combos. I decided to kick up the number for commands and lower the time. I thought that would have to do something! I will slowly lower the command number and see what happens. I don't know why Gametracker and TSViewer would be sending so many queries in such little time but that seems to be what's causing the ts server time outs for these trackers.
    I would still like to know what the time measurement is.

This was working good for a day... Now it's not. I am ready to give up on any viewer for TS3.

try using only one. i use ts viewer and did not have to change any settings. except for to whitelist the ip.

FYI for anyone following this post and is having the same issue...

A little background info: I am running TS3 from a home server. I tried making the computer the DMZ to pass everything through and turned off any type of firewall on that computer while I was trying to solve this issue. It's strange that when I changed settings for anti-flood in TS3, the gametracker and TSviewer would see it for a short amount of time even up to about a day before it lost it.

So I was digging around in my router settings and found that there is a setting that overrides even the DMZ setting. It has to do with allowing UDP and TCP connections based on similar IPs. I found that TSviewer was actually trying to get info back form other TCP ports other than the 10011 query port. I just changed the setting to a less restrictive setting in the router and SO FAR both TSviewer and Gametracker are both consistently showing the server alive without any drop outs. I am hoping this is what the problem has been! That's a *facepalm* to me but a relief to find that it's not a TS3 issue. Why changing the anti flood times made some differences in time of drop out, I am not sure. Maybe it was just by luck that the TSviewer ports being used were not being blocked when I made those changes. I am pretty confident that this will solve the issue but if it starts to drop out again after a day being up, I will post again.

glad you got it resolved. i hate it when routers see fit to override the kill switch (dmz host) :P

Thread Information