Forum

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
    Group 6 because not all User are on Admin Server Query
    All right, I realised that in this case you want to enable the default server admin group to manage icons in the ts client interface, because it's a bit messy to edit the icon permissions and settings via server query. Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by MoXNoX View Post
    All right, I realised that in this case you want to enable the default server admin group to manage icons in the ts client interface, because it's a bit messy to edit the icon permissions and settings via server query. Is that right?
    you shouldn't put it on the default admin group, only on query group. If you put it on anything other... then you maybe only have one virtual server, or you are not very smart...

the ignore is just for serverqueryadmin, so it can give itself and others rights to newly added permissions. (so you don't have to do sql edits anymore)

So no ignore for default server admin, though i would add all other new functions to the default server admin. (if you want to allow them, but sometime like manage icons is cool i guess )

and that is the only problem for some people, you have to think instead of simply doing things (like think for yourself, i do not want that permission for default admin, only serverquery :P) , for me that is what makes it so much fun on forums.

Yeah, that's what I was aiming at, why give the ignore permission for the admin group, looks like a security hole for me. Just log on as server query admin, and then servergroupaddperm b_group_icon_manage to your admin group should be the way to do it, if you want to manage icons in the TS client. For example: servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=b_group_icon_manage permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=0 Right?

Btw, this is a bit offtopic, but I cannot logon with 'login serveradmin password', only with 'login client_login_name=serveradmin client_login_password=password'. Weird.
    Last edited by MoXNoX; February 10th, 2010 at 08:16 PM.

correct and since when did you have that little problem, and what os/bit version? :P running linux amd64 here and everything fine with login serveradmin password.

Btw, this is a bit offtopic, but I cannot logon with 'login serveradmin password', only with 'login client_login_name=serveradmin client_login_password=password'. Weird.
    as far as i know this happens when you have a special char in your password like "/" or "\"

Thanks, that's it then, I have a "/" in it.

Thanks, that's it then, I have a "/" in it.
    type it as \ / (without the space) and you should be able to login the easy way again. (probably) That is because \ and / need to be escaped else the server won't see them correctly.

You were right, \ can be used as an escape character. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by diska View Post
    Imo the script isn't responsible for switching to another user, you as the system administrator are responsible for that. Use su -c in a /etc/rc.local script or something similar.

Personally I'm using Crontab to start my teamspeak server at boottime, this way I don't even need root access to autostart it, all I need is access to crontab.
    I have to disagree with that. It is standard that start-/stop scripts oder the executable itself let you specify a username to start with. The common TS2-Script was capable of doing so, too.

I don't have a problem of modifying the startscript myself, but every time the original startscript gets updated with a new TS3-Version I have to redo my changes.

And using cron to start services at boot time is nothing but a dirty workaround. Cron isn't meant for this and does not support dependencies. For example cron cannot make sure that mysql is running before TS3.

Thanks for the info Cobra, it worked great as soon as I figured out I needed to add that permission to the Server Query Admin so I could run the query for the rest of the stuff.

got this error
    Code:
    teamspeak3-server_linux-x86# 2010-02-11 17:20:32.414536|CRITICAL|SQL           |   | unable to remove old log entries
    deleted the logs and it works.
    Last edited by azzy101; February 11th, 2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: works

make sure the log files have appropriate file permissions so that the user ther server is running as can modify them

Hi there,
    is it possible to change the maximum icon-size? for example to 48px*16px?

Quote Originally Posted by Scph10000bin View Post
    Hi there,
    is it possible to change the maximum icon-size? for example to 48px*16px?
    See this suggestion: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=51278

I have another problem... If I select an icon with 16x16 px the log always says invalid size. Does anyone have this problem as well?

Thread Information