Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Any power set to -1 are displayed as 4294967295

I updated today to the beta 15 client (Windows 7) and beta 18 server (Debian Linux, MySQL) and any permission powers, which are set as -1 are now displayed as 4294967295. But it still works like set to -1. So it seems to be only a display bug.

Can someone confirm this?

Same here. Client Win7 x64, Server Debian Lenny @ MySQL utf8_unicode_ci.

They are displayed as "4294967295" in the permissions window but in the database are as "-1", as well as in the server transfers settings, for example.

Also, i have noticed that the hash generated for the server icons sometimes is a negative number. It works, but i don't think that it is intended.

Regards

4294967295 is FFFFFFFF in hexadecimal.
    Assuming it can only handle 8 bits (1 byte), it is either 4294967295 or -1. Depends whether it is signed or unsigned.

I guess the database and Teamspeak have different ideas of what this number really is...

Probably the database sees it as signed (as intended) and teamspeak sees it as unsigned... I don't know what is better... I would prefer unsigned, since -1 is kinda funny, don't you think?

Xan

Quote Originally Posted by Xandaros View Post
    Probably the database sees it as signed (as intended) and teamspeak sees it as unsigned... I don't know what is better... I would prefer unsigned, since -1 is kinda funny, don't you think?
    -1 and negated makes sure that you don't have enough rights for it. On zero based systems is -1 normal.

And a signed 32 bit integer is big enough to have many positive power levels .

Thread Information