Forum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hello,

Thanks for the script, very handy indeed. I did try to use it on my own following the same format and that's what I got :
    error id=256 msg=command\snap\sfound

Did I do anything wrong ?

Regards,,,
    Last edited by yiso91; September 11th, 2011 at 05:54 PM.

The comamnds are pullsnapshot.sh and putsnapshot.sh
    Read post 1 for the manual
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I have a problem restoring a snapshot.

The TS3 says:

error id=512 msg=invalid\sclientID

I get this error for the snapshotdeploy command. What do you mean with "added an identity in the admin query group"? The template groups are quite unmodified.

How does the deploy internally work? I think the error is caused by the master-master-replication of my mysqld DB.

Who exactly gives the client IDs on a deploy? Normally the ts3 server should insert the row and get the id from the database. In my case the auto increment settings are changed because of the replication. Some IDs are "denied" by the mysql server. Otherwise the master-master replication won't work.

Help me in "serversnapshotdeploy"

Hello, I created a serversnapshop on a virtual server and am having a problem with the command "serversnapshotdeploy" to put this serversnapshot another virtual server. I read the manual query server and I'm doing it right. I say:

login serveradmin ******
    use sid=9
    serversnapshotdeploy hash=LoKCPWG2aAUxV6P2tEB8FMJEiYs=|virtualserver_un ique_identifier=uNSuJd2U62THLitdlDn0QOuZQnE=
    And:

error id=516 msg=invalid\sclient\stype

(I don t have access to host, only server query)
    I would like to know how to solve it (Sorry for bad english and if you are violating some rule of the forum)

Tanks
    Last edited by tmalek; January 20th, 2012 at 11:58 AM.

This sounds like a snapshot from an older serverversion.
    If so please try to make a new snapshot with the new serverversion and deploy it again, to make it easier to catch the problem.

I have disabled the mysql master-master replication and I still get the same error when trying to restore a snapshot.

error id=512 msg=invalid\sclientID

The error really only seems to occur when a token was used so that a client was saved on the server's db. Restoring a "blank" server works fine.

Backup Virtual Server

There is the possibility of backing up a virtual server? If so, how?

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; February 5th, 2012 at 08:24 AM.

Exclamation serversnapshotdeploy giving me errors on the server... Need to move server!

I am trying to move one teamspeak server to another host, and want to keep everything essentially the same. In my searches, I located the information on using serversnapshotcreate to create a hash to use to import using serversnapshotdeploy on the target new server. However, when I tried to deploy the snapshot, the server gives me the error invalid parameter size, and just hangs forever.

I really need to move this server to the new host as soon as possible. Please help!

Hello,

Do you provide Perl scripts to deploy teamspeak 3 snapshots? I created the snapshot in Linux and want to deploy it on a TS server on Windows. I get an "invalid checksum" when using serverdeploysnapshot command on query server.

I would prefer to avoid installing Cygwin (it was complicated enough until now).

Best Regards
    Mitehan

if you used the exact code from the file and get invalid checksum, I doubt it would make any difference with Perl, the script just makes the connection to the query and sends the command, the server is rejecting it.

Also you could just run the script on a linux machine (could even be a virtual one) since you can specify the TeamSpeak server to connect to.

I would recommend to change the pullsnapshot.sh Script a little.

The first thing:
    How it is:
    line 33: ( echo "use ${SID}"; echo "login ${USER} ${PASS}"; echo "serversnapshotcreate"; echo "quite" )

How i have it:
    line 33: ( echo "login ${USER} ${PASS}"; echo "use ${SID}"; echo "serversnapshotcreate"; echo "quite" )

If you use it how it is then there would be added an unknown user every time the script starts.
    But if you use my line then there is not added a unknow user in the teamspeak server database.

The Second i changed is the line where a temporary file is created with the name real_${OUTPUT_FILE}. I have changed the lines to ${OUTPUT_FILE}_real. This allows you to use a path for e.g. /backup/snapshot.txt

If you remove this:

Code:
    if [ -e ${OUTPUT_FILE} ]; then
      echo "output file alread exists, aborting"
      exit -2
    fi
    It removes the warning about the file already existing and overwrites the current one.
    Last edited by slamanna212; October 24th, 2013 at 10:33 PM.

I get the ERROR 1543. Seems like the database is too big, what should I do? I only want to backup the virtual server!

umh, this is strange. As root user, when i perform ./putsnapshot.sh ...
    I get this output: Permission denied
    But.. I am root user. what's wrong with this file XD ?

Thread Information