Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Exclamation Teamspeak3 Breaking up DirectSound

Hi

I noticed few weeks ago that when I tried to play some music in "Spotify" it would give me an error that something is wrong with my soundcard. Recently I traced it down to Teamspeak3. Killing Teamspeak3 process would make Spotify work.

Sometime i get no sound from Teamspeak3 aswell and I can only fix it by restarting the client.

Also sometimes the sound would "lagg" in Spotify for 1-2 sek and then play along but when I try to change song Spotify would display a error message again.

Also if I play a song and start Teamspeak3 the song plays until end and when it is about to play a new song in the playlist it would show this error.

Sound: Creative Elite Pro (PCI)
    Chipset: ATI 790FX
    Latest Drivers.

Edit, Found that using Creative Alchemy program (DirectSound -> OpenAL) seems to work like a workarround. Thing is i have no idea why Spotify and Teamspeak3 is arguing about.
    But having Spotify in OpenAL mode is not a good idea because OpenAL only supports GameMode in Creative. Tried doing the same thing in Teamspeak3 but root folder or plugin folder seems have no effect on Teamspeak3.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2137335/problem_workarrond.png

This happens only when having Teamspeak3 launched.

Best Regards
    Galactica
    Last edited by Galactica; February 8th, 2010 at 10:35 PM.

Anyone got a solution?

That seems not to be a problem with "Spotify" only. I got some errors if i try to start and connect Counterstrike 1.6 over Steam. Sometimes it just shows up the Counterstrike Backround and nothing seems to happend. After restarting Teamspeak 3 everything works fine.It seems that there maybe a problem with the audiodg.exe that call this problem.
    In a earlier Version of TS3 there was also a Problem with the audiodg.exe in combination with the Banner of the server as gif grafic, where the cpu got a permanent load up to 50%. I already updated the driver from my soundcard to the actually version, but this didnt solve the problem.

In TS3, have you tried using other options besides DirectSound? What does it use when the default value is selected?

I use directsound. Gonna try different modes now and report my findings. By the way what soundcard do you guys use?

I can say not it is not only Spotify that has this issue. Last time had some sound problems with media player classic and when i killed ts3 the problem was gone.

I am now using Windows Audio Session but the problem remains. I am not sure why this is happening to us but one thing is sure there is something in TS3 that eather my soundcard drivers hate or the soundcard as whole.

I have noticed that Audiodg.exe jumps from 0-1% CPU usage to about 10% when TS3 is idle and jumps sometimes to 20%

Anyone else having this?

Thread Information