Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is there any way for me to get ahold of beta12 to test to see if it works? Beta20, which I am using now, does not.

TCP support is already implemented. It's just not available in the UI yet, but as Ralf already said, the devs will enable this feature before TS3 goes final...

I have a similary problem.
    If you need, yourfreedom and socks v5 work with TS3 beta12 for me, but don't wotk with the latest TS3 version (i have try beta 20 and 17).
    Same thing:
    beta12 worked fine.
    But now there is the probleme that I can't connect to a server with the newest version (b23).

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    TCP support is already implemented. It's just not available in the UI yet, but as Ralf already said, the devs will enable this feature before TS3 goes final...
    Is there a way to "manually" enable it and test it?

*pumping it to the top again*

But why ...

But why wo...

But why would you ...

But why would you want TCP over UDP?

It wou.. seem that U.P would fit .he pu.ose better than TCP.

Excuse the humor but voice transmissions are not well suited to the use of TCP. UDP/RTP is the better choice for real time transmissions. TCP is better suited for data transmissions that require the data arrives in the form that it left in. If you tried to do this with voice transmissions under poor network condition it should increase the lag time until the data is delivered.

Potentially you would end up with large gaps between hearing the voice transmissions.

Of course TCP is not going to help you connect to a TS3 server either. It sounds like your Proxy is blocking the 9987 UDP port which if they are blocking that they might be blocking the TCP port.

Or more likely since you stated it worked before you may very well have an application that is blocking the UDP port like a firewall would.

Good luck finding the answer but I don't think TCP is it.

//--------------------------------
    There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't.

The Problem is, that there was no problem up to Teamspeak 3 beta 15.
    I used ProxyCap and Your Freedom to tunnel Teamspeak 3.
    But this changed with Teamspeak 3 beta 16.
    Now every time I try to connect through Your-Freedom Teamspeak uses 90% CPU and tells me that it can't connect. The processor load stays and I have to kill the process.

I don't know where this come from and tried many things, without success.
    One solution is to use TCP, this isn't blocked from most Firewalls.
    If you have any idea . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    But why would you want TCP over UDP?
    this should answer your question:
    Code:
    ssh -l localport:teamspeakhost:teamspeakport

sorry for thread necro, but are their any news on this ->

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    your-freedom + ts3 is still not working. ts2 / ventrilo are working just fine, mumble is going to work if you use "force tcp mode".
    any chance you guys can make sth like this going to work for ts3, too? :[ or does anyone have a better solution?

TS3 is blocked by office firewall

I read somewhere that Teamspeak 3 allowed usage of TCP communication instead of UDP communication to avoid firewall issues.

I can however not find anything factual about this except a statement about TS3 that was made before TS3 went into the final version.

Any info on this? Thanks!

To my knowledge this is not possible.

I can not find anything in our ticket system for this.
    I send it to a developer and ask for a statement.

Edit
    This feature was delayed to 3.1
    Last edited by dante696; July 28th, 2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: ticket id removed
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

As Dangerousdave26 said in post #21:
    tcp is not a solution for voice (or any other stream) transmission because tcp is using more overhead in the packets as udp. Additional tcp is a protocol with errorcheck (if packets are lost they where rerequestet from the receiving station). udp on the other side dont do this - if the packet loss you never find them. This is why so many voice transmissions use udp instead of tcp and udp is much faster than tcp.

If you use tcp as voice protocol you will get a strong delay!

(check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Datagram_Protocol and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmi...ntrol_Protocol if you dont believe me)

Connecting over TCP - when will it be aviable?

I remember long time ago (maybe 1 year) there was a predicate that a feature is in development, which makes connecting only over TCP possible.

User with blocked UPD Ports e.g. at universities have no good options to connecting on teamspeak server. Tunneling TCP to UDP is no good option, because it increases the latency. This cant be good for no gamer

And asking the provider to free the ports will be unsuccessful. The UPD port is blocked, because its security vulnerability, so the provider will NEVER free it

According to that when will it be possible to connenct only over TCP?

Sype uses voice data transfer over TCP for 9 years. And the small over-head, which the TCP protocol causes was never a problem for voice over ip. Therefore it would be advisable to implement this feature or you can not avoid that more and more user with blocked UPD port switch to Skype.

Please statement from the developer team.

Thread was moved, please use the search function first
    Last edited by dante696; July 28th, 2012 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    I can not find anything in our ticket system for this.
    I send it to a developer and ask for a statement.

Edit
    This feature was delayed to 3.1
    Nothing has changed on this statement.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information