Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TCP support for voice server?

I use a proxy to connect myself on internet or on TS2.
    Everythings are working fine, but TS3 still doesn't want to connect to any server ! My router (that I can't touch or modify) reject the UDP protocol...
    I think that if you put the TCP in your new beta, you will make a lot of happy people, all those who connect through proxy and can't use your software for the moment.

Please make something about it, all my application work (with your freedom and sockscap/freecap) except TeamSpeak 3

With regards,
    Ryareos.

Sorry but I need to bump this, my problem is the most important, I just can NOT use teamspeak 3

how about a vpn-connection for tunneling the udp-packets??

I already try the open-vpn, with frozenway and the vpn-mode with your-freedom, didn't work at all
    TS2 uses TCP right ? Why didn't you do the same with TS3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryareos View Post
    I already try the open-vpn, with frozenway and the vpn-mode with your-freedom, didn't work at all
    TS2 uses TCP right ? Why didn't you do the same with TS3 ?
    because ts2 never used tcp... but ts3 will with final.

SO tell me one thing, why does TS2 work, and TS3 doesn't ?
    Tell me what's changed in TS3.
    In fact my TS3 was working perfectly until the end of january, what do you change in february ?

I am not sure if it has something to do with this, but recently i was wondering why on my windows server 2008 box running the ts3 server, doing a netstat in command prompt doesnt show any of the connections to the ts3 server...
    Its like all the connections to the ts3 server are invisible.
    The only ts3 server related connection i could get netstat to show using the netstat -a option is "UDP 0.0.0.0:9987 *:*"
    The windows server 2008 box does not run any third party firewall or similar and is located in a datacenter using a 100mbit connection to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    I am not sure if it has something to do with this, but recently i was wondering why on my windows server 2008 box running the ts3 server, doing a netstat in command prompt doesnt show any of the connections to the ts3 server...
    Its like all the connections to the ts3 server are invisible.
    The only ts3 server related connection i could get netstat to show using the netstat -a option is "UDP 0.0.0.0:9987 *:*"
    The windows server 2008 box does not run any third party firewall or similar and is located in a datacenter using a 100mbit connection to the internet.
    dont get me wrong but before you talk about udp or tcp you should atleast understand the difference. by that, you would never had written this post.

Allright,
    I've had a very blonde moment there, and I guess I am screwed now...
    Each time you read a post by me you will think, "right, it's the idiot again who doesn't know the difference between TCP and UDP".
    Sniff, now I've lost all my credibility...
    At least I will be remembered :-)

A question without answer:
    why can i use ts2 and not ts3 ?

What is the difference between them ?

From a network view: TS3 has different default server port, and usually sends more packets per second when people talk for decreased latency.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

And why to not install a plugin or something to choose how we connect to team speak's server, like a proxy configuration ?

And why to not install a plugin or something to choose how we connect to team speak's server, like a proxy configuration ?
    From a "coding" perspective. They are completely different programs. Even if you told them to 'talk' on the same ports and whatever, they'll still be different languages.

Still have a problem with TS3, I can not connect to the teamspeak's server through the proxy socks v5 (that isn't mine, I can't configure it).
    Tell me if you have the same problem or if the teamspeak team modify something that can help me.

config:
    windows XP, wireless connection through a proxy socks v5 (I have no choice, the only way for me to connect is by this proxy), I use yourfreedom to redirect the trafic by the yourfreedom's server with a proxy socks v4/5, and sockscap V2 to redirect my applications to the yourfreedom's proxy.

Thank you.

Still have a problem with TS3, I can not connect to the teamspeak's server through the proxy socks v5 (that isn't mine, I can't configure it).
    Tell me if you have the same problem or if the teamspeak team modify something that can help me.

config:
    windows XP, wireless connection through a proxy socks v5 (I have no choice, the only way for me to connect is by this proxy), I use yourfreedom to redirect the trafic by the yourfreedom's server with a proxy socks v4/5, and sockscap V2 to redirect my applications to the yourfreedom's proxy.

Thank you.
    I have a similary problem.
    If you need, yourfreedom and socks v5 work with TS3 beta12 for me, but don't wotk with the latest TS3 version (i have try beta 20 and 17).

Thread Information