Forum

Talking [SUGGESTION] File Browser

Hello TeamSpeak Users,

I'm academic and I have a few ideas, involving the TeamSpeak 3 "file browser" and I would call them an essential or a feature for the file browser, my first idea is having "password-protected directories" for admin access and people that are given the password to those "directories" are the only ones that have access to those files.

My Second Idea is, instead of the file straight away appearing in the file browser and not yet completed by the "uploader" is kind of silly, because in my opinion the user who is "downloading" his desired file has no idea if that file has finished or if it has, because it just wont complete all you know is that what your percentage of download is up to, not where THAT file is at. So what I'm saying is make a percentage option where you can see the percentage of the upload, and then the user has some idea of when the file may or will or if, it is completed.

EDIT: 9/2/2010 @ 11:20PM

An idea just popped into my head, also with the channel and having options another good idea is actually when creating, editing channels etc, make it so you can allow it to support the file browser or not to allow it so not every channel is a "file browser" enabled channel. I don't know if these are good ideas, tell me why and what you don't like so I can improve.

Regards, academic
    Last edited by academic; February 9th, 2010 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by academic View Post
    My Second Idea is, instead of the file straight away appearing in the file browser and not yet completed by the "uploader" is kind of silly, because in my opinion the user who is "downloading" his desired file has no idea if that file has finished or if it has, because it just wont complete all you know is that what your percentage of download is up to, not where THAT file is at. So what I'm saying is make a percentage option where you can see the percentage of the upload, and then the user has some idea of when the file may or will or if, it is completed.
    Attachment 2697

Click on the tiny image above. It already shows percentage, estimated time, etc etc. Maybe i misunderstood your idea

[SUGGESTION] File Browser

Sorry, I thought it might be a little confusing, I made it a little bit more simpler lol. Your close, if you upload a file for instance say file "a.exe" number 1 is the uploader, now even if number 1 that uploaded "a.exe" it still appears in the folder before its even officially uploaded by number 1, so number X who is going to download "a.exe" doesn't really know if that file is complete, so maybe if they change it, so only when number 1 FINISHES uploading his file, then it should appear instead of being there before he has 100% uploaded

The main idea behind this "feature" is that you can upload your file and another person would be able to already start downloading

If you want a password for your file browsers just create a channel w/ a password or limit access to a certain channel to admin only.

One option that would be nice is maybe a tiny icon to indicate that a channel has an active file browser, meaning it's got files in it.

[SUGGESTION] File Browser

Quote Originally Posted by maxi1990 View Post
    The main idea behind this "feature" is that you can upload your file and another person would be able to already start downloading
    Atleast have a bar to show when that file is completed uploading would be okay, thanks for feedback.

Thread Information