Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Rejected] Icon sizes

I really like being able to define custom icons for groups, however I don't like being restricted to only 16x16px icons.
    I think it would be fine to allow icons up to 32x16px.

What do you think?

Conreason Guest
    Hey,

It's a nice idea but I think, the big icon destroy the other icons or the design. I hope you understand me^^...

No, I don't think the overall design would be harmed at all. A wider only allows more information (in my case a guild tag) to be placed in the image, but it won't change much on the appearance.

Also it should be up to the server admins of a server, if they want bigger images or not.

I concur. Although I think allowing images taller than 16px might potentially harm the aesthetic you have worked hard to create, I think allowing wider images would allow more creativity in displaying ranks and pug tags.

That would be cool. The only place I see this being a problem is in the icon grid in the icon manager screen.

There is no real problem. I already tried replacing the icons server-side, and they were simply scaled down in the icon browser - which would be fine enough; or just increase the grid's width to 32px as well. The additional whitespace for "normal" icons is not a problem.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    I agree with this idea, and think it would be a good implementation.

I also agree. Iconsize must be more customizable as it is now. I think that the most Admins of TS3 Servers are creating Icons for Guests, Members a.s.o (Some of them would insert their Guildtag/logo). In that way more information (what is good readable) is needed. A size between 128px (max) and 24px (max) is enough place to insert many informations.

thats my suggestion.

Greetz

TB

I read somewhere that the space between channels will be adjustable. It's a good idea because this way it would allow to display bigger icons.

The icon size stays 16x16 and won't be changed. The idea behind it was, to show user the channel or server group(s).
    Icon for channel and client permission will be added soon.

whats the problem?? wider pictures are not necessary!!! Create more groups and add an icon and get yourself in this group... In my case i am in 5 groups so i got 5 icons. Its more flexible than one looong icon

It's not about the number of icons or groups, but the amount of information that can be put in an icon.
    In my example, we have a TeamSpeak server for an alliance, and we want each guild to have their own icon, with their guild tag inside. This works for very short (read 2-3 characters) tags, but won't for anything longer.

Additional groups won't help here either; and I don't get what the problem would be with allowing wider icons, dante.

[SUGGESTION] wider servergroup icons

It would be nice to include a function in ts3 to upload and use bigger icon formats like 48x16 or 32x16.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    It seems that this has already been denied.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ght=ICON+SIZES

yes I think that is really necessary, because if you join more groups there is a space between the icons, so that you cant make a large icon with for example 3 groups.

In my project it would be very usefull as well. And if the height is fix at 16 px no design will crash.

Thread Information