Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 12 of 140 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1200 View Post
    @ Omlet: If possible, just run the bot on the same machine as the TS3 server.

If only remote is possible, the bot do not need the TS3 client, just an internet connection to the TS3 server.
    I think I'm confusing you. I meant to ask if there is a way to auto-start the bot and keep it running even if my computer is off.

Exclamation

Can you use Teamspeak 3 on your computer if it is turned off?

No you can't. If the computer where the bot is running is off the bot won't work. Like DarRoe and Stefan1200 posted bevor the easiest way is to run the bot on the machine which hosts the teamspeak3 server.

Quote Originally Posted by Omlet View Post
    I think I'm confusing you. I meant to ask if there is a way to auto-start the bot and keep it running even if my computer is off.
    If you have a rented server and you run the TS Bot on your own computer. You have to keep the computer on to keep the bot running.

If you have your own server @ home. Than you just run the TS Bot on your own server.

Hi Stefan and all the others

nice work, i just set it up and after reading the readme me a second time and brought the servers IP on the query white list everything works as supposed

just a little question ist left:
    i thought the config variable "channel id" would make the bot join the server, so i can see it on the channel list...
    you know the bot works, no problems here, but i donīt see the bot

regards Gordge

Quote Originally Posted by Gordge View Post
    nice work
    Thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by Gordge View Post
    i thought the config variable "channel id" would make the bot join the server, so i can see it on the channel list...
    you know the bot works, no problems here, but i donīt see the bot
    Since the bot is a ServerQuery client, it is invisible by default. Depends on the server permission, only server admins can see ServerQuery clients, if they enable this in the Teamspeak 3 Client options.

But even if you cannot see the bot, just write !botinfo into the channel chat of the selected channel in the bot configuration, and the bot will answer you .

How can i do this so every group can see the bot?
    Please can you show the rule in groups or something

Quote Originally Posted by mastermax View Post
    How can i do this so every group can see the bot?
    Please can you show the rule in groups or something
    It should be
    i_client_serverquery_view_power
    i_client_needed_serverquery_view_power

http://j.imagehost.org/0557/hmm.jpg

Thx for the fast reply, im very new to ts3 more use to ts2 lol
    What do i need to change the above too ?? I cant see the bot tho i know its there..

Thx for the fast reply, im very new to ts3 more use to ts2 lol
    What do i need to change the above too ?? I cant see the bot tho i know its there..
    Just make sure that the users have a higher power than the needed power of the group that the bot use. But I never did this, because on my server the bot has to be invisible .

when can we expect the new update?

Quote Originally Posted by DarRoe View Post
    when can we expect the new update?
    I hope I can start on the next version soon. First new feature may be a "Bad Nickname Kick".

I hope I can start on the next version soon. First new feature may be a "Bad Nickname Kick".
    okay. Thank you for the news flash.

Looking forward to see that

Can i suggest an option to view the bot.. I cant get it to work so I an others can see it

If I cant get it to work like that so its a viewed bot by everyone then I'll just stop using it. Shame as its a good tool just not 100% what im looking for.. Im looking for a viewed bot not hidden :/

Other than that Stefan1200 great job love the current stuff you have done with it, keep it up

Can i suggest an option to view the bot.. I cant get it to work so I an others can see it

If I cant get it to work like that so its a viewed bot by everyone then I'll just stop using it. Shame as its a good tool just not 100% what im looking for.. Im looking for a viewed bot not hidden :/
    I can't understand why the bot should be visible. But I wrote you how do you can do this. Every user have to enable this feature in the TS3 client options too (Show ServerQuery Clients).

Just make sure that every server group has a bigger i_client_serverquery_view_power than the i_client_needed_serverquery_view_power of the server group of the bot. If you use the serveradmin account for the bot, the default i_client_needed_serverquery_view_power is set to 100. You can of course lower this value in the Admin Server Query server group.

Thread Information