Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 18 of 140 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sojakfa View Post
    Another executable that will install the bot as a service. So like the No-Window exe but I wouldn't even have to log in to start it up.
    This is already possible with srvany.exe.
    Just use as command:
    FullPathTo\jre6\bin\javaw.exe -jar JTS3ServerMod.jar
    And of course set the AppDirectory to the JTS3ServerMod directory.

How to do this exactly, just ask someone who knows how .

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1200 View Post
    This is already possible with srvany.exe.
    How to do this exactly, just ask someone who knows how .

Oh, I know it's entirely possible to do it on my own, I was just hoping you'd add it as a feature. I've had to do it for other programs, it's just a pain in the ass to set up manually!

Quote Originally Posted by sojakfa View Post
    Oh, I know it's entirely possible to do it on my own, I was just hoping you'd add it as a feature. I've had to do it for other programs, it's just a pain in the ass to set up manually!
    Since this is not possible native with Java, I can not add this.
    Of course someone can write a nice script for it, maybe I add this to the zip file.

I created a batch file / reg file combo to do it, but I'm afraid it might not be terribly useful for others as they'd have to edit both depending on where they unzipped your bot to on their machine.

It's also pretty specific to Windows Server 2003

I have made a .bat file with there the code "java -jar JTS3Servermod.jar". And i run this as a service with firedeamon. A great tool to run services.

Quote Originally Posted by DarRoe View Post
    ... i run this as a service with firedeamon. A great tool to run services.
    A great tool, perhaps, but it's not free, nor is it cheap.

Hi,

REQUEST:

Is it possible to implement "time frame check" or "total number of user check" value when the BOT (or only idle check) is active? For example I want Idle check enabled only between 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. (or if the total number of users exceed a predefined value) Is it possible? Which one is easier to implement? I'd like the Idle Check to be enabled if the server is almost full. On the other hand we have some users with inactivated microphone ( for ex.: large WOW insta) and it is annoying if the BOT moves and kicks players.

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Is it possible to implement "time frame check" or "total number of user check" value when the BOT (or only idle check) is active? For example I want Idle check enabled only between 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. (or if the total number of users exceed a predefined value) Is it possible? Which one is easier to implement? I'd like the Idle Check to be enabled if the server is almost full.
    I can add a "total number of user" value to the idle check feature. It is more easier if I count telnet and TS3 clients together, but I don't think that you run more than 2-3 telnet clients at the same time .

On the other hand we have some users with inactivated microphone ( for ex.: large WOW insta) and it is annoying if the BOT moves and kicks players.
    This is really special, because the bot don't know why they are muted or idle. Is it because the client is just there and follow orders, is it just because the client has no microphone and want to listen to other clients? Or is he just idle and should be moved/kicked?

New release candidate:

Version 3.0 RC 7 (17.04.2010)
    + Added minimum client count to idle check.
    o Added value idle_min_clients to the idle check block in the config file.
    Download link in first post on page 1.

New release candidate:

Download link in first post on page 1.
    You are awesome, man! I'll try this out asap.

One question:

I set the idle_min_clients to 500. Am I right, that if the total number of clients exceeds 500, every client will be immediately kicked if the client's idle time is more than 60 sec? So this way:

1: The number of total users reach 501.
    2: The BOT kicks all users with high idle time.
    3: The number of total users drops to 450.
    4: The Idle check is inactive again.

Do you think that setting idle_min_clients to 500 is a bit too high? Maybe 400 is more user friendly.

I set the idle_min_clients to 500. Am I right, that if the total number of clients exceeds 500, every client will be immediately kicked if the client's idle time is more than 60 sec?
    [...]
    Do you think that setting idle_min_clients to 500 is a bit too high? Maybe 400 is more user friendly.
    The first thing the idle check does every interval:
    Clients online >= idle_min_clients

If clients online is below the idle_min_clients limit, the idle check do nothing, no warning, no move, no kick.
    But if client online if greater or equal to idle_min_clients, the idle check works. The idle time for each client is generated by the Teamspeak server, so if someone is already idle for a long time, the bot will do his works as soon as the min client online count is reached.

You really mean 60 seconds? Or did you mean 60 minutes?

The first thing the idle check does every interval:
    Clients online >= idle_min_clients

If clients online is below the idle_min_clients limit, the idle check do nothing, no warning, no move, no kick.
    But if client online if greater or equal to idle_min_clients, the idle check works. The idle time for each client is generated by the Teamspeak server, so if someone is already idle for a long time, the bot will do his works as soon as the min client online count is reached.

You really mean 60 seconds? Or did you mean 60 minutes?
    Sorry, minutes.

Hi,

One more question: I can specify channel ID's which will be ignored for Idle check. Is ignore check inherited? I mean do I have to specify all of the subchannel ID of a channel if I want to exclude that entire channel tree from Idle check? Thx.

Thread Information