Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 29 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TotoIsBack View Post
    For exemple, tata is present in 2 records. The bots tells me the 2 dates when this person was last seen. But, as the bot know the 2 dates, he must know on what server he was seen too. Then he could tell the date and the server (server name or ip + port).
    That would be a nice improvement i think.
    The bot don't share this informations between bot instances. So !lastseen only display the last seen time of the client on the current server of the bot.

The feature with preventing other users from using a specific nickname is a good idea. But I make this as an own feature.

I still can't see the use of the most of the suggested chat commands (because I can use this features much faster with the TS3 client), but maybe they will implemented later.

<17:21:42> "[Bot]xyz": Found 2 entries in the database:
    xxx is currently online
    xxx was last seen at 30-06-2010 13:39:08

so why does the bot see 2 entries ?
    I thought that the bot would check the entries for all virtual server.

So if the guy is currently online, how can he be last seen at 30-06 too ?
    so it means he was seen on 2 different server...

Acually i have one server instance with more virtual server running. I suppose that the bot is able to see for one client were he was on all virtual server (as the bot has the serveradmin rights).

I cannot explain the 2 entries else.
    And if it is the case, then the bot should be able to tell on what server it was seen.

Hope you understand me ^^

Oh i'm thinking of another possibility.
    Is it possible that the 2 listing are because the same guys use the same name but 2 different ID ?

Anyway, if the bot looks only on the server he runes on, would it be possible to make him check on other server if xxx was lastseen on them too ? (as for admin only for exemple)

For the nickname, as an own feature would be great
    For the other suggestions, as said, they are suggestion, some more usefull than other

Is it possible that the 2 listing are because the same guys use the same name but 2 different ID ?
    Right .

Anyway, if the bot looks only on the server he runes on, would it be possible to make him check on other server if xxx was lastseen on them too ? (as for admin only for exemple)
    In general this is possible, but it would make anything to complicated. And I think in most cases this behavior is not wanted.

Ok no problem.

Another suggestion :P
    would it be possible to have a functionality that will autorize the bot to check let's say every x time all server and log the use of them ?
    Kinda a monitoring function ?

For exemple, let's say, every 2 hours, the bot check the virtual servers of the instance or the virtual servers that we define in a list, and he will check how many people are on the server at the given time and log it with for exemple : servername or ip+port (to know what server it is with the port as minded it's on the same server so normaly same ip) x/y were x would be number or connected and y max client defined for the server, so for exemple : 1.2.3.4:1234 23/75 ?

That would be an only be configurable on the main config file and maybe only for 1 bot only (to avoid flood and ressources uses for nothing).
    So more a server admin functionality

For the nickname, as an own feature would be great

This is maybe interesting for you:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showpost....85&postcount=2

Hi,

Is it possible to implement a "!firstseen ID" command? Maybe you have to parse all the log files to retrieve this information?

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Is it possible to implement a "!firstseen ID" command? Maybe you have to parse all the log files to retrieve this information?
    Something like this is already implemented for bot admins:
    !clientsearch *slater*

Just installed this, works very well, thank you!

Hi,

Our server CPU usage jumped to 150% for 1 minute and the connection lost. The server did'nt crash and the bot didn't crash either (user cache is off). I couldn't find ERROR or CRITICAL in the log of TS3 server but I found some interesting entry in the bot log:

Code:
    2010-07-09 15:45:25	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: ServerQuery Error 512 getInfo(): invalid clientID - Client ID: 497
    2010-07-09 15:45:25	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: sendTextMessage(): No message given! - Client ID: 497
    2010-07-09 15:45:25	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: ServerQuery Error 512 getInfo(): invalid clientID - Client ID: 492
    2010-07-09 15:45:25	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: sendTextMessage(): No message given! - Client ID: 492
    2010-07-09 15:45:25	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: ServerQuery Error 512 getInfo(): invalid clientID - Client ID: 491
    2010-07-09 15:45:25	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: sendTextMessage(): No message given! - Client ID: 491
    2010-07-09 15:45:25	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: ServerQuery Error 512 getInfo(): invalid clientID - Client ID: 490
    2010-07-09 15:45:25	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: sendTextMessage(): No message given! - Client ID: 490
    2010-07-09 15:45:26	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: ServerQuery Error 512 getInfo(): invalid clientID - Client ID: 485
    2010-07-09 15:45:26	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: sendTextMessage(): No message given! - Client ID: 485
    2010-07-09 15:45:26	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: ServerQuery Error 512 getInfo(): invalid clientID - Client ID: 484
    2010-07-09 15:45:26	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: sendTextMessage(): No message given! - Client ID: 484
    2010-07-09 15:45:27	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: ServerQuery Error 512 getInfo(): invalid clientID - Client ID: 478
    2010-07-09 15:45:27	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: sendTextMessage(): No message given! - Client ID: 478
    2010-07-09 15:45:27	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: ServerQuery Error 512 sendTextMessage(): invalid clientID - Client ID: 459
    Do you think the high CPU usage is connected to this somehow? I think it is a bug or error. Thx.

I found some interesting entry in the bot log:

Code:
    2010-07-09 15:45:25	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: ServerQuery Error 512 getInfo(): invalid clientID - Client ID: 497
    2010-07-09 15:45:25	WELCOMEMESSAGE_ERROR	klanok: sendTextMessage(): No message given! - Client ID: 497
    Does this error (in the bot log) occur everytime someone connects to the server? Did the clients lost the connection very fast after connecting?

I checked the source code, after someone connects to your server, the bot tries to get informations about the client. The time between a TS3 client connects to the server and the bot ask for informations is around 500 (+-200) milliseconds. If the client disconnects within this time, the server answers with "invalid clientID". Of course the bot should stop trying to send the welcome message, but currently the bot try to send the message (which is empty, because of the missing client informations) and produce the second error "No message given!".

To make a long story short: I can only solve the second error "No message given!" on my end. The "invalid clientID" thing is something strange from the TS3 server which I cannot understand.

Our server CPU usage jumped to 150% for 1 minute and the connection lost.

[...]

Do you think the high CPU usage is connected to this somehow? I think it is a bug or error. Thx.
    I don't know why your server had a high CPU usage. I am not sure if it was produced by the bot. Maybe because the bot had to answer so much faulty welcome messages at the same time. But this should be also faster if I fix the second error message.

New version:

Version 3.2.4 (09.07.2010)
    - Bugfix: Fixed small bug while handle welcome message for a disconnected client. (thx to Slater)
    Download link in first post on page 1.

The high CPU load bug is a server beta 25 "feature". the BOT was disabled all day and the TS3 CPU process suddenly went up to 150%. Every user lose his connection and the server became unreachable. After 1-2 minutes everything went back to normal. I don't understand but pretty irritating.

The high CPU load bug is a server beta 25 "feature". the BOT was disabled all day and the TS3 CPU process suddenly went up to 150%. Every user lose his connection and the server became unreachable. After 1-2 minutes everything went back to normal. I don't understand but pretty irritating.
    Thats good to know (at least for me ).

New version:

Version 3.2.5 (13.07.2010)
    - Bugfix: Fixed small bug at the chat commands !lastseen and !clientsearch (now case insensitive). (thx to MajorThorn)
    Download link in first post on page 1.

Notice:
    I have a solution if you start the bot on a Linux machine and you get the following error in the bot logfile:
    Critical: Unable to connect to Teamspeak 3 server!
    Exception connectTS3Query(): java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable
    I found the solution on the Ubuntu Bugtracker - Topic: Network unreachable in java only.

For backup reasons, I quote the solution here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Heikki Henriksen (Ubuntu Bugtracker)
    This is a symptom of a bug in sun's java6 regarding ipv6.

Try
    $ /sbin/sysctl net.ipv6.bindv6only

If this value is 1 you need to disable the setting:

$ sudo /sbin/sysctl net.ipv6.bindv6only=0

For a persistent fix:
    Check /etc/sysctl.conf and /etc/sysctl.d/* for this setting and restart procfs after changing it.

If this was your problem, you should have networking back

Cheers.

Thread Information