Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 36 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shablo5 View Post
    gets banned for flooding? It is in the same folder on a linux VPS as the TS Server, and I even (altho shouldnt have had to) added its own IP to the IP white list.
    Are you sure that you added the right IP to the whitelist file? You also have to wait up to 10 minutes after changing the whitelist, because the TS3 server only reloads changes of this file every 5 or 10 minutes (will be displayed in the server log). Of course you can also restart the TS3 server process (like TotoIsBack wrote).

If only 127.0.0.1 is on the whitelist, the bot also have to use 127.0.0.1 to connect to the TS3 server. If you use the IP address of the real network card, you have to add this IP to the TS3 server query whitelist file.

P.S. Neither command in your thingy worked for doing it in screen. So I just did that jar instead.
    Using screen is just one way to start a background application on linux. If you want to use this, make sure that screen is installed. It deepens on the linux distribution how to install screen. The Debian way (which also works on Ubuntu and PC Linux OS) to install screen is written into my readme.txt file (using apt-get).

New final version with small fixes:

Version 3.3.4 Final (04.09.2010)
    o Server Group Protection now writes an error message into the log, if something is going wrong. (thx to TotoIsBack)
    o Slow Mode is now more slower at connection (takes up to 16 seconds to connect now).
    Should now work with stronger Anti-Flood protection settings of the TS3 server.
    Download link in first post on page 1.
    Last edited by Stefan1200; September 4th, 2010 at 12:38 PM.

Hi Stefan1200
    I have a question, can you add a cmd to move all members of a channel to other channel ?

Thanks for your job !

Quote Originally Posted by healiha View Post
    I have a question, can you add a cmd to move all members of a channel to other channel ?
    This type of feature makes more sense client side. But no problem, such a plugin you can find here:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=56218

Thanks Stefan1200

But, all need the plugin... if we can do this with the bot it's more simply no ? That's my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by healiha View Post
    But, all need the plugin... if we can do this with the bot it's more simply no ? That's my opinion
    I think not.

First: The bot can only track the server chat, the own channel chat and private chat. The server chat is disabled for normal clients on most servers, open a private chat is impossible for the most clients too.

Second: The bot has to check if the client is allowed to move the whole channel. Thats many work to code that.

Third: A people who want to move a whole channel of clients at once, is able to install a TS3 client plugin (this takes not longer than some seconds).

So its not worth to integrate this into the bot. The only easy way is to implement this for bot admins only, but I am sure that bot admins can also install this TS3 client plugin .

Does the idle mover move if they havent talked for the duration or if they are computer idle for 10 min? Is there any way to make it so it so it only moves for computer idle? Cause like... Most ppl play a game while doing this and not all talk or have microphones, so if they can't talk or dont care to hit their push to talk button every 10 min (my threshold) they'll get moved automatically?

Also whats the command to make the bot quit?

Does the idle mover move if they havent talked for the duration or if they are computer idle for 10 min? Is there any way to make it so it so it only moves for computer idle? Cause like... Most ppl play a game while doing this and not all talk or have microphones, so if they can't talk or dont care to hit their push to talk button every 10 min (my threshold) they'll get moved automatically?
    I can only work with the informations I get from the TS3 server. Of course the bot don't have the possibility to see what you do on your computer. And the TS3 server only counts Teamspeak actions to reset the idle timer (speaking, chatting, changing status and changing channels).

Also whats the command to make the bot quit?
    To get a list of all commands, just type: !bothelp
    If you only get a list of 1 or 2 commands, make sure that your unique ID is set to the bot admin list (at the bot config file). You should see more than 10 commands.

To answer your question: !botquit is the command you looking for.

Hello, thanks for this mod.. however i keep getting an error message "No instances enabled or needed entries missing in instancemanager config file, quitting now..."

I've changed all the values correctly and can't seem to get it to work. Any help anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by fratracide View Post
    I've changed all the values correctly
    Please post them here.

@ General1984: Colors are already possible, just use BBCode like within TS3 client.

Your second example with \n is right, the whole message in one line.

Got an Idea for your Bot!

Additionally you can add a Newsfunction which will work like the Welcomemessage where only special servergroups will be informed about the latest news by joining the server.

If there will be added some News - the Bot could private Message all online Users within this Servergroup.

The Message could look like this "10-09-2009: blablabllabla. blablabla. - added by USER (#1)"

You could send a botcommand like "!addnews blablabllabla. blablabla."
    The news should be saved in a log or something and you should delete them by !delnews #1

if this would be possible.. I think this would be very helpful for some Clans (e.g. Warcraft Raids or something else). If you like this Idea we could think about the way to display news and how they would be saved (Rotate after 7 Days, Rotate after Month in different logfiles or self deletion by command or sth. else)

Greets!

Exclamation

Welcome message poke does not work. i think you may have not skipped a few things when you were packaging because the modify dates are alittle off. IDK though...

I had the poke set for the welcome message but when someone comes in it doesnt poke just sends a chat. but when i have it set to chat it does nothing.

Good luck with the fix.

Also if you make any new variables could you put the new ones in a file or something so we dont have to keep overwriting the main cfg? or something along those lines.

Thanks man keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorThorn View Post
    Welcome message poke does not work.
    I check this later today, thanks for reporting.

i think you may have not skipped a few things when you were packaging because the modify dates are alittle off. IDK though...
    Don't forget that the exe files are just launchers for the JTS3ServerMod.jar file. They don't contains any code of the bot. They only check if you have the Java Runtime installed and start the JTS3ServerMod.jar file.

Also if you make any new variables could you put the new ones in a file or something so we dont have to keep overwriting the main cfg? or something along those lines.
    If I only add one or two new variables, I write them into the changelog. But I try to list all new variables in the future .

@ RefleX-mrl: Generally a good idea, but sound like a bigger wish. In the next month I don't have much time to implement bigger features. I will stick at bugfixes and smaller feature requests currently.

Thread Information