Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 47 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    New test version of the bot:

Version 3.5.0 Beta 1 (07.02.2011)
    + Away Mover and Mute Mover now allow setting a server group list and an optional message.
    o Some changes to the !botcfgget and !botcfgset commands (better answers from bot).
    o Added the following config values to the bot config file:
    away_group_list, away_group_list_mode, away_message_mode, away_file,
    mute_group_list, mute_group_list_mode, mute_message_mode, mute_file
    o Changed names of the following config values at the bot config file:
    ts3_server_login to ts3_server_query_login
    ts3_server_password to ts3_server_query_password
    ts3_channel_id to bot_channel_id
    This version introduce some new features, which was requested often.
    But notice, this version needs some changes at the config files. Look at the changelog above.

More informations and download links at the first post on the first page.

Hello Stefan,

is it possible to add some functions?
    a chatcommand to move clients to the afk channel ?? like !botmove [clientname]
    a chatcommand to poke a client : like !botpoke [clientname] [text]

greetz
    LordAnubis

Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
    is it possible to add some functions?
    a chatcommand to move clients to the afk channel ?? like !botmove [clientname]
    a chatcommand to poke a client : like !botpoke [clientname] [text]
    I don't see the point in this. Why not doing this actions by TS3 client. Would be much faster than typing such commands.

we have over 60 channels its easier to move vie command as per drag&drop

the poke is for fun

Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
    we have over 60 channels its easier to move vie command as per drag&drop

the poke is for fun
    But you would also need the channel ID and client nickname. I can't believe that a command is faster (don't forget, you have to search the bot first, if you don't want to write into the server chat).

Currently fun features will not be implemented, I don't want to have to much features in the bot (especially if they have no real reason).

you could connect one bot to each channel on the server, that would make it really fast =)

Quote Originally Posted by banane View Post
    you could connect one bot to each channel on the server, that would make it really fast =)
    Must be fun on servers with over 100 channels. Not talking about temp channels :P .

Version 3.5.0 second beta of the bot released today.

Version 3.5.0 Beta 2 (10.02.2011)
    + Added warning messages if a chat, poke or kick message is to long.
    This should help you to find the reason for some problems.

New final version:

Version 3.5.0 Final (13.02.2011)
    + Chat command !botinfo displays now your bot admin permission level.
    - Bugfix: Sometimes the warning messages was shown if the messages are not to long.
    - Bugfix: Checking for message length could prevent bot from starting in some cases.
    Remember that updating from last final version (3.4.4 or older) needs some changes at the config file. See changelog for details.

Request

Feature request:

Hi,

Is it possible to include a function to delete (remove) a user from database (or remove from all server/channel groups) if the user didn't logged in for x days (inactive) even if in a server/channel group? Of course TS3 server removes inactive users by default but it doesn't remove if the inactive user is in a permanent group. Some of our Server Group has tons of inactive users and we would like to clean them up. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Is it possible to include a function to delete (remove) a user from database (or remove from all server/channel groups) if the user didn't logged in for x days (inactive) even if in a server/channel group? Of course TS3 server removes inactive users by default but it doesn't remove if the inactive user is in a permanent group. Some of our Server Group has tons of inactive users and we would like to clean them up. Thank you!
    Sounds like an interesting idea. I put this on my long term todo list, because I have to do some other stuff first.

Maybe with a command to delete specific users, theres is the !clientsearch function, which tells you the DB-ID. The bot must just delete this ID

Quote Originally Posted by Basert View Post
    Maybe with a command to delete specific users, theres is the !clientsearch function, which tells you the DB-ID. The bot must just delete this ID
    If I understand Slater correctly, he want the "remove all server and channel groups from inactive users" stuff as automatic function, maybe check once every day.

Hi,

Automatization is not a priority, we want only to clean overloaded groups. Although automatization is an excellent idea.

A safer approach is if the BOT doesn't delete clients from database directly just remove the client from all groups instead and then let the server prune old clients automatically.

I think you need to be careful because we have groups with 200+ clients in it. So tampering with the users could easily overload the server. I don't know much about the query API. Do you have a function to batch-manage users or do you have to call a function ech time to manage a user?

A safer approach is if the BOT doesn't delete clients from database directly just remove the client from all groups instead and then let the server prune old clients automatically.
    This was indeed my intention.

I think you need to be careful because we have groups with 200+ clients in it. So tampering with the users could easily overload the server. I don't know much about the query API. Do you have a function to batch-manage users or do you have to call a function ech time to manage a user?
    I did not look deep into it, but I would realize it this way:
    Every 24 hours I would do the following three steps:
    • Checking in the Client Database Cache (which have to be enabled for this) for all clients with a last seen time greater than given days of this bot function. (this step do not need any additional server query commands)
    • Requesting a list of server and channel groups of that client. (if I remember correctly: 2 commands for each user from first step)
    • Removing all server and channel groups found in second step. (should be again 2 commands for each user, if any groups found)

Currently I don't have any idea how much load this would produce. But if we want to know this, you have to test it after I get it ready .

Thread Information