Forum

Page 54 of 140 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
    maybe my searching ability sucks, maybe this hasn't been asked, but is it possible to use this tool to auto switch someone into a channel after they have been added to a server group. I ask, because I have a "jail" set up and I want to be able to move people into that channel automatically after adding them to server group "jail". On top of that, it would be cool if the bot could change their server group after x mins....but I have no idea if this is even possible.

Thanks for any help/advice/assistance you can provide.

@ Drayu: Currently there is no such function in my bot. Also I don't know if this will ever possible, because I see nothing useful in this feature. If I don't want someone on my server, it is more effective to ban him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1200 View Post
    @ Drayu: Currently there is no such function in my bot. Also I don't know if this will ever possible, because I see nothing useful in this feature. If I don't want someone on my server, it is more effective to ban him.
    agreed on the banning part, but at times when we have our Drink on every Death night, it can get a little rowdy, and at times someone needs to be put in the Brig SO, yeah...

At TS2 there was a function called "sticky". If somebody was sticky, he can't move out of this channel. Don't know if this function is in TS3 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Basert View Post
    At TS2 there was a function called "sticky". If somebody was sticky, he can't move out of this channel. Don't know if this function is in TS3 as well.
    This can be done with a server group. Just set move power to -1 and negate and skip this permission.

After using !botreload, there comes an error message using the textchat:

<17:17:17> Sie versuchen, mit einem ServerQuery Client zu chatten. Bitte beachten Sie, dass Textnachrichten nur dann vom ServerQuery empfangen werden, wenn dieser sich für private Textnachrichten mit "servernotifyregister event=textprivate" registriert hat.
    <17:17:21> Dieser ServerQuery Client hat sich nicht für private Textnachrichten mit "servernotifyregister event=textprivate" registriert. Diese Textnachricht wurde nicht empfangen.

(Sorry for German, but you are german, too. ).

I need more information about the bot:
    Which version of the bot do you use?
    Is the slow mode enabled? If yes, did you wait 20 seconds after the reconnect of the bot, until you write to the bot?

Slow-Mode is disabled, the bot is running on the same machine as the ts server. I'm using the latest version of the bot.

Okay,
    So I want to go ahead and make a script for checking someones servergroup and then moving them to a specific channel. is it as easy as writing a new config file, or is it more involved. If it is as easy as writing a new config file I am sure I could figure it out....but I really think it would be helpful to have such a feature.

thank you in advance of any advice.

@ Basert: Sorry, but I can't reproduce this. Did you tried to reopen that chat window to the bot? Does the bot react on the channel chat?

@ Drayu: I am not sure if I was able to understand you, but this is not possible with the bot. Maybe you can go a little bit more into detail what you try to do?

sorry for the lack of detail initially.

What I am looking for is similar to what the bot does for someone in away mode (moves them to a channel when their status changes), but I would like to have it implemented for server groups. So, when a client is added to a certain server group they are moved to a designated channel. So, if someone is added to server group A, then the bot sees that and moves them to channel ID1. If the client is added to server group B, then the bot moves them to channel ID2.

I guess a secondary desire would be to have the bot move everyone in one server group to a designated channel on command. So, when I issue the command !botswitch sgid 3 channel ID2 (or whatever it would be), the bot would move all those in sgid 3 to channel id2.

I wouldn't mind trying to do this all myself, but I am not sure if it is just a config file to write, or if it is something that has to be coded.

Thank you for listening and considering!
    Drayu

@ Drayu: I think that automatic feature would be to confusing. You talk with someone, add them to the server group and he gets switched while you are talking with him. I am not a fan of this, sorry .

The second thing (that command) would be possible, but this exists already as client side plugin, maybe this is enough for you?
    http://addons.teamspeak.com/director...MassMover.html

Thanks for the replies Stefan, they are much appreciated. I will definitely look at that MassMover and see how it works. I just thought adding to the bot would be less confusing as there would be only one thing to run on the server I really appreciate all the work you have done and created, it is truly awesome and beneficial.

I see why you would not be a fan of my first suggestion, but for our server it would be beneficial. That is why I asked if I would be in over my head if I were to try and create it. If it is as easy as writing a new config file, I am sure I could figure it out based on the ones that are already in the file. if it is more than that.....well then that is a different story

Thank you again Stefan!

Yep, reopend it many times and tried to speak with the bot. Server-Version is "3.0.0-rc1 [Build: 14468] auf Linux" and my client version is "3.0.0-rc2 [Build: 14642] auf Windows". Even if I stop the bot and start it again by closing the screen, there are problems if ts server goes down and the bot reconnect.

Thread Information