Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 100 of 140 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2094
    Yes, Java knows \b, but the bot also do a whole string match! Online testers don't do a whole string match like the Java Matcher class! It's similar to doing a ^\b[Tt][Ee][Ss][Tt]\b$ test in online testers.

Maybe this works?: .*\b[Tt][Ee][Ss][Tt]\b.*
    If not, please ask a regex expert, I'm not the best in it.

Yes that worked, I made an edit at the end to reflect that was resolved. It might be nice if you include a little note in the bad names config file to show people to ban small words bad words but not bigger words that contain it such as a bad word "test" vs a good word "testing" (or you could use the actual racist example) and show them the smaller word needs .*\b[Tt][Ee][Ss][Tt]\b.*

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    It might be nice if you include a little note in the bad names config file to show people to ban small words bad words but not bigger words that contain it such as a bad word "test" vs a good word "testing" (or you could use the actual racist example) and show them the smaller word needs
    Regex is to powerful to reflect everything in the default examples. But feel free to share your bad names list here and/or on my own forums www.stefan1200.de. If there are more people doing this, I would collect them in one forum thread (in my own forum).

If someone needs a forum account in my own forum, just write me a mail.

I do not want to break any rules here, I have seen posts get locked/people banned for sharing regex with bad words. So I made a thread on your forum as you requested with my list so far.

Edit: (minor issue)

I made a test word .*bytcm.* and assigned myself the ignored server group and created a channel with this word as the name. Then I removed the server group from myself. Then I tried to rename the channel to bytcm test and it renamed it back to bytcm, then deleted the channel and made a complaint against its self since the bot tried to rename it to a banned word and then deleted it. Not a major issue, but I do not think the bot should be adding complaints/log entries about it's own erroneous attempts to fix a channel name.
    Last edited by Morthawt; October 21st, 2014 at 06:47 PM.

I made a test word .*bytcm.* and assigned myself the ignored server group and created a channel with this word as the name. Then I removed the server group from myself. Then I tried to rename the channel to bytcm test and it renamed it back to bytcm, then deleted the channel and made a complaint against its self since the bot tried to rename it to a banned word and then deleted it. Not a major issue, but I do not think the bot should be adding complaints/log entries about it's own erroneous attempts to fix a channel name.
    Well, the bot is just...ehm...consistent. ;-)
    Put it on my ToDo list, but with a lower priority, because it should not happen often and has no real bad effects

Just like you can selectively enable and disable features (or what ever you call them) I think it would be great to be able to selectively disable chat commands, so that you can customize how the bot can be interacted with by manual chat commands. So for example you can set the bot up to perform autonomous actions like preventing racist names and channel names but prevent manual interaction via chat commands for sending mass messages, or removing server groups etc. So just like you can choose how much functionality to enable, I think the chat commands should have that same ability. Then someone can even bring in different bots for different groups of people. The one for the server owner(s) can do everything and has all the autonomous things, then bring in a separate instance of the bot which is configured to allow a client search of a message server group but nothing else. etc. So even though the control would be very basic "disable this chat command entirely" it would be in the particular server config, which would indirectly provide more flexibility to the user. In theory this should be easy to implement.

it is normal that if I plug in BadNicknameCheck: BNN

BNN_kick = yes
    BNN_add_complain = yes
    BNN_file = config/badnickname.cfg
    BNN_message_mode = poke

poke not work (does not warrant the poke, maybe because I put the kick?) and add_complain adds only one complain, even if the user commits more offenses?? (I think being marked only the latest complain)

thk

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Balgor View Post
    it is normal that if I plug in BadNicknameCheck: BNN

BNN_kick = yes
    BNN_add_complain = yes
    BNN_file = config/badnickname.cfg
    BNN_message_mode = poke

poke not work (does not warrant the poke, maybe because I put the kick?) and add_complain adds only one complain, even if the user commits more offenses?? (I think being marked only the latest complain)

thk
    I cannot get the welcome message to do a poke either. I tried -1 I tried 1. My goal was to have a message that always displays to non-verified people and then a poke additionally to people who have connected for the first time. The poke never works no matter how I configure it

So for example you can set the bot up to perform autonomous actions like preventing racist names and channel names but prevent manual interaction via chat commands for sending mass messages, or removing server groups etc. So just like you can choose how much functionality to enable, I think the chat commands should have that same ability.
    The most bot chat commands can only be used by bot admins. Don't make everyone to bot admins, just be careful with that permissions like as you are giving someone server admin permissions on the TS3 server! I don't add permission levels for each chat commands!

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Balgor View Post
    As soon as kick is enabled, the message will be only used as kick message, like in every other functions. But this is also explained in the documentation and example configuration!

The bot can only add one complaint per client, because of a limitation of the TS3 server. I can't change that.

I cannot get the welcome message to do a poke either. I tried -1 I tried 1. My goal was to have a message that always displays to non-verified people and then a poke additionally to people who have connected for the first time. The poke never works no matter how I configure it
    Please send me your configuration (without password) and log files by mail. Thank you in advance.

Edit: Problem solved. Message was too long and was rejected from the TS3 server. Error message was in the bot log file. Please look into it first.
    Last edited by Stefan1200; October 30th, 2014 at 11:24 AM.

I was not thinking different permission levels, just a way to completely disable particular chat commands so they don't work. But that's fine.

New final version, bot itself is identically to the last test version:

Quote Originally Posted by changelog.txt
    Version 5.3 Final (27.10.2014)
    o Some additions to the documentation.
    More information and download link in first post on page one.

Very nice. Updated! I love how the bot messages me to let me know of new versions A quick !botquit, ftp overwrite of the jar file and run a command to start the but as a particular user and boom back up and running

On Sunday evening I updated the documentation. No changes to the bot itself.
    But if you need some more information, just redownload the package.

Nice. Getting new versions is what I enjoy though New features to play with, ever since my VPS server got whitelisted so I could actually use a bot.

Nice. Getting new versions is what I enjoy though New features to play with, ever since my VPS server got whitelisted so I could actually use a bot.
    Be sure that there will be more new stuff to play around in the future.
    But not in the next days, currently I have a small break from coding.

Thread Information