Forum

Page 128 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2089
    It is working great until it crashes which is likely due to the memory thing. Do you have a link to previous versions? I think the 6.2.2 was working correctly, maybe the one prior to that I am not sure.

EDIT

As per info I have seen on this page: https://plumbr.eu/blog/memory-leaks/...emory-than-xmx I have #commented the line out of the file and copied it and replaced the existing parameter that is supposed to limit memory usage with these two parameters: -Xmx30m -Xms30m

As for leaving the server for 7 days, in a state where I cannot update the OS with security updates is not something I can do. If the system as a whole is working then yes I can leave something running for 7 days and check how things are. I just cannot risk it if it means I have no ability to keep my server secure and updated.
    Last edited by Morthawt; October 24th, 2016 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    As for leaving the server for 7 days, in a state where I cannot update the OS with security updates is not something I can do. If the system as a whole is working then yes I can leave something running for 7 days and check how things are. I just cannot risk it if it means I have no ability to keep my server secure and updated.
    Who say that you are not allowed to install security updates?

It is working great until it crashes which is likely due to the memory thing.
    Well, the JTS3ServerMod is not crashed, the VPS management software just killed the process, because it is violating a VPS limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1200 View Post
    Who say that you are not allowed to install security updates?

Well, the JTS3ServerMod is not crashed, the VPS management software just killed the process, because it is violating a VPS limit.
    When I leave the bot running for a few hours, or maybe a day or two, when I try and upgrade my OS's packages, it fails. I complained to the VPS company and they said it's not them, it's known as a problem with too little memory left on the server and that I must be doing too much on my server. That is nonsense, as I said maybe a year or two ago I did at least 4 times more things with my VPS server. Now I only have the web server, my VPN server which I almost never use and of course your bot. I should not be running out of memory especially since my web server is mainly for testing and is not truly an "in use" server.

When I leave the bot running for a few hours, or maybe a day or two, when I try and upgrade my OS's packages, it fails.
    Well, the above screenshot of the memory usage of the JTS3ServerMod 6.3.0 was made after a running time of how many hours? Just make sure, that you compare the same running time, if you make tests with the JTS3ServerMod 6.2.2, because it is normal, that a program needs less memory after 5 minutes instead after 5 days.

I will check for other ways to limit the JVM memory.

@ Morthawt: Which java version do you use? Please send me the output of java -version

You can try to use the java arguments: -Xss128k -Xmx30m
    Would be something like:
    java -Xss128k -Xmx30m -jar JTS3ServerMod.jar

This is my version:

Code:
    openjdk version "1.8.0_91"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-8u91-b14-3ubuntu1~16.04.1-b14)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)
    I will try the command you recommended now. Thanks.

It is still happening:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28-10-2016 11.47.12.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	14446

This is only after maybe 4 days.

@ Morthawt: I sent you an email with the old version of the JTS3ServerMod, please do the same test again with that version.

Will do. Thanks for the help. I've sent screenshots post reboot of memory usage and general memory status. I will email you in 4 days.

I just tried emailing you with some stats so far on the version you last sent me but your email failed to receive.

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain stefan1200.de by stefan1200.de.
    And
    The error that the other server returned was:
    554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [74.125.redacted] blocked using redacted.uceprotect.net
    Basically I was showing you how so far I would have issues but the stats are still looking ok so far.

I just tried emailing you with some stats so far on the version you last sent me but your email failed to receive.
    Yeah, it seems the mail server of my hoster is on a black list since last night.

You might want to get that sorted if possible so you don't lose important emails.

Here is the stat so far:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30-10-2016 16.57.37.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	14448

I would normally be experiencing issues by now. Currently it appears to be fine. So it is likely something that was changed in 6.2.2 causing the issue I think?

You might want to get that sorted if possible so you don't lose important emails.
    Issue with my mail server is already solved since 90 minutes.

I would normally be experiencing issues by now. Currently it appears to be fine. So it is likely something that was changed in 6.2.2 causing the issue I think?
    Can't be possible, the only change between 6.2.1 and 6.2.2 was at the !bothelp command. So if you don't used this command with 6.2.2, that can't affect this kind of problems.

I have configurated your mod correctly but the only issue that says it's not working correctly is that my "ip adress" is not recognized as a TeamSpeak3 server IP adress.

What can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by HunteRoi View Post
    I have configurated your mod correctly but the only issue that says it's not working correctly is that my "ip adress" is not recognized as a TeamSpeak3 server IP adress.

What can I do?
    I guess you are using the wrong query port. What is the exact error in the bot log file?

Thread Information