Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Avatars

Since going through the many updates I have found that some peoples avatars do not show. These are ones that were available previously. Nothing has been changed to their avatars. Some people say they see it and others say they also cannot see them anymore. I get the white square box with the notification inside "Loading image" but it doesn't come up no matter how long I stay on it. I also get a "file not found" message in the chat box below the room listings. Is there any fix to this?

Hmmm. Have they tried re-uploading the image perhaps?

i cany get mine to work at all.someone should post how to properly getting them to work.i have w7 hp if theres a diff.

I had one person redo their avatar thinking it was his fault but I still couldn't see it. Other people in the same room could see it and others could not. Some have reloaded their avatar some have not. Its not any particular avatar. I may see your avatar but someone else may not. Someone else may see an avatar that I cant. It isn't just me. Everyone on the site has the same problem. The avatars are all built within the predetermined size also. Its not that one is too big or too wide or too high or anything.

could someone post a link where to get the right avatars for ts?thx

Quote Originally Posted by iceman_087 View Post
    could someone post a link where to get the right avatars for ts?thx
    Less then 300x300 i believe and the size has to be less than or equal to what the permissions tell you. look for avatar maxfilesize or something. That tells you the size in Bytes. Just make sure it's less than that and 300x300.

All i can suggest iflog is make sure everyone has the updated client and updated server

You are correct. It is 300 pixels by 300 pixels and no larger than 1MB. That is what everyone has conformed to. Everyone is updated (server and clients). Any suggestions?

I too cannot post an avatar, regardless of 300x300 down to 50x50 pixels.
    Windows Xp 32bit here.

I can see others who have managed to post avatar.
    Others in my clan have W-XP, W7 and Vista, some can and others cannot post avatar.

General agreement is avatar is less than 300x300 pixels, also file-size less than 20kb.
    Hope that is of some use to TS team

Hey Beer. I believe you need to be registered by a server admin before your allowed to post an avatar. You don't need to register per se as in Teamspeak 2 but you must get registered if that makes any sense. If you right click on a persons name, click on "connection info" and are unable to see the persons "client address" then you are not registered and will not be able to upload your avatar. If I am wrong anyone feel free to correct me.

Thread Information