Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Allow CA setting permissions

Hi Folks,

we do know how to set and use the new permissions in TS3.
    But there is one thing, we want that a CA is able to select which people can join his channel except by setting a password.
    Which permissions have to be set so they can set "b_channel_join_ignore_password", "i_channel_needed_join_power" and "i_channel_needed_subscribe_power" (but nothing else)?
    Note: These rights have to be set on channel-level.

Thanks in advance.

hey Alcazar,

I think i can help you out. I haven't tested it out fully so small testing will be needed on your part.

NOTE: I started fresh out of the box permissions.

1.First thing, CA's need permission b_virtualserver_channel_permissions_list to be able to see the channel permissions.
    2. Now we will give CA's i_permission_modify_power ( i gave value of 50 ).
    3. Go through each channel and add a GRANT of 50 to the permissions you wish to allow them to change.

Now, in theory, CA's will be able to change only the permissions with a grant of 50. However, if you find something they can, just make the GRANT higher then the value you assigned i_permission_modify_power.

I'm no permissions guru by any means, but i think this will help you get started on the right track. There might be an easier way, but i don't know.

Thanks Zero.
    We did try some settings ourself, and came up with this (see attachment).
    At first, we thought we have to give that group "i_group_modify_power" as well, so they are able to edit the channel-permissions, but its not necessary to do this. Just remove the "i_group_needed_modify_power" or set it to 0 for the channel and it will work.

If the channel does not have any needed_join_power, all you need to do is to create a channel group which has ignore_password activated and CA will assign that group to this person while he's in the channel.

If you set group_needed_modify power = 0 everyone will be able to modify that group or in that channel.
    If you want the CA to change channel join powers etc.. then just give CA channel_modify_power

also see this http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=51003
    Last edited by [KH]Cross; February 17th, 2010 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTKA View Post
    hey Alcazar,

I think i can help you out. I haven't tested it out fully so small testing will be needed on your part.

NOTE: I started fresh out of the box permissions.

1.First thing, CA's need permission b_virtualserver_channel_permissions_list to be able to see the channel permissions.
    2. Now we will give CA's i_permission_modify_power ( i gave value of 50 ).
    3. Go through each channel and add a GRANT of 50 to the permissions you wish to allow them to change.

Now, in theory, CA's will be able to change only the permissions with a grant of 50. However, if you find something they can, just make the GRANT higher then the value you assigned i_permission_modify_power.

I'm no permissions guru by any means, but i think this will help you get started on the right track. There might be an easier way, but i don't know.
    Where do you find "b_virtualserver_channel_permissions_list"? I don't seem to have this on beta 18 server.

Found it After being bit by it a few times. LOL
    Last edited by damaboo; February 17th, 2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: addition

There is a filter just above the permissions tree. You can search for it that way to make things a lot easier for you in the future for finding permissions.

In any case, it's Group > Information

Quote Originally Posted by [KH]Cross View Post
    If you set group_needed_modify power = 0 everyone will be able to modify that group or in that channel.
    If you want the CA to change channel join powers etc.. then just give CA channel_modify_power
    Not really. First they need the right to view channel permissions ("b_virtualserver_channel_permission_list") and they need "i_permission_modify_power".
    2. CA can only edit those channels where they have CA in.
    3. channel_modify_power controls if you can edit this channels properties, not its rights.

Thread Information