Forum

Excessive query connections.

Hi all.

I don't know if it is a bug really but in my TS3 server I have a lot of query connections. For example, in only 7 days it have more than 10.000 query connections, and we dont use query console and any query groups. I think it is a error or bug because before I have another TS3 server in a gamming company and its have only 1000 query conections in the same days (7) and now that i have a dedicated server in another company I have this error.

The question is: Its really a error or bug? Am I do something bad in the TS3 server installation? Its normal all this?.

I attach some information of my TS3 server:

Version: 3.0.0-beta30 [Build: 12998] // Yes, I know it is a old version, I have to install the RC1 version of the server.
    Platform: Linux
    Address: 94.23.83.13
    Max Clients: 300 (-20 reserved)
    Clients Online: 13
    Query Clients Online: 0
    Channels Count: 82
    Client connections: 819
    Query connections: 9878
    Server Uptime: 6 days 4 hours 23 minutes 3 seconds

And sorry for my English.

Are yu allowed to see server query conenctions? Maybe someone enabled TsViewer for your server.

Your server is really old and outdated. Please update your server to Rc1
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Yes, i have server query access. What I do to see if someone enabled TsViewer?

And other question, how can I install the new version?

You need the permission i_client_serverquery_view_power and enough power to see such a client.
    And Show ServerQuery clients has to be enabled under Settings > Options > application.

Now you should see such query clients, when they connect into a subscribed channel.

Question2.
    Download the server from http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads and overwrite your files.
    Make a backup of you database! ts3server.sqlitedb
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Yes, a lot of client connects to the server with the name "Unknown from XX.XX.XX.XX.XX:XXXXX" and a IP (the Xs). Now I know, the server it is in TsViewer (I find it in the list).

I understand it and I go to update the server today, but, its a problem that it have a lot of query connections? or it is normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Korxu View Post
    its a problem that it have a lot of query connections? or it is normal?
    A Teamspeak viewer has to connect every some minutes to update the client and channel lists. And maybe you also use a webinterface or other TS3 scripts, this also produce some query connections. If the Teamspeak viewer and possible scripts / webinterface is wanted, then this is normal.

Ok, well. So you can close this thread, its resolved. Thanks for the help. Bye.

Thread Information