Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[Solved] Multiple Server Group - What Permission Takes Priority??

Example:
    Say you are member of three Server Groups: Server Admin, Clan Leader and War Organizer. Server admin has i_client_kick_power of 50.
    Clan Leader has i_client_kick_power of 100 and War Organizer does not have i_client_kick_power set at all. The permission resulting on Tier 1 for you is i_client_kick_power of 100, since this is the highest value you have from all your server groups.
    My understanding of this (using my example) is that if someone is in the Server Admin server group and has a i_client_max_ban_time of -1 (infinite) but is also in a Clan Member server group that one has a i_client_max_ban_time of 300 the server admin permission should trump the clan member permission. I have not been able to get this to work. Maybe I'm missing something or just misinterpreting this??

Currently when I test this by attempting to ban a test ID while in both server groups I only get the option of a ban time 1-300 but if I remove myself from the Clan Member group so I am only in Server Admin I get the option 0=infinite.

POSSIBLE BUG??

When I set the admin server group to a max_ban_time of -1 then click on another group, click back to admin it shows 4294967295 as the max_ban_time and not -1 like I had just put in

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    My understanding of this (using my example) is that if someone is in the Server Admin server group and has a i_client_max_ban_time of -1 (infinite) but is also in a Clan Member server group that one has a i_client_max_ban_time of 300 the server admin permission should trump the clan member permission. I have not been able to get this to work. Maybe I'm missing something or just misinterpreting this??
    Try to tick the negate box in the Server Admin group at the i_client_max_ban_time permission. This should prefer the lowest value.

When I set the admin server group to a max_ban_time of -1 then click on another group, click back to admin it shows 4294967295 as the max_ban_time and not -1 like I had just put in
    This is only a display bug and already known. But it still works as set to -1.

I don't want to negate the Server Admin setting, I want it to take priority over the Clan Member setting so the admins still have the ability to ban infinitly where as clan members only for up to 5 min. It's not a huge deal if I can't have my admins in both groups. Mainly was doing it so we could all have a custom icon for our clan on our server while still letting the admins be ID'd by the S.

Thanks for the quick response!

I don't want to negate the Server Admin setting, I want it to take priority over the Clan Member setting so the admins still have the ability to ban infinitly where as clan members only for up to 5 min.
    Thats why you should negate the Server Admin setting. At the moment 5 is higher than -1...

Ah, makes sense... I will try that. Thanks!

That worked perfectly. Thanks for the help!

This can be marked this SOLVED

Thread Information