Forum

TeamSpeak stops as soon as game starts

Hello, me and a few friends have been trying to figure out what is wrong with my Mic/Team Speak. I downloaded TeamSpeak and it seems to run fine by itself, but the second i start the game i am trying to play the Mic stops working. It acts like it freezes up and shuts off, because i can Alt+Tab out and the light is on, however nobody can hear me. Nothing i have done to fix this problem has helped, i have managed a couple of times to get it running for a few minutes into the game but ultimately it stops.

My Sounds card is an SB Xi-Fi Xtreme Audio 32 Bit
    My headset is a Logitech ClearChat PC Wireless Headset
    Operating System is Windows 7 64 Bit

Ventrilo works fine when i start a game, its only TeamSpeak. We cant figure out what is causing this since we have been working on it for over an hour now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Right click and run as admin?

You might check out the game mic settings as well. Sometimes these will overwrite windows settings and you won't get any volume from your mic.

I have ran both TS and the game in admin. My friend even suggested "mumble?" and that had the same problem. However Ventrillo has never had the problem so i am at a loss. It seems at this point i will have to have 1 friend in Ventrillo with me to relay my messages to the guy in Teamspeak lol

same problem but with ts and ventrilo it blocks somehow the push to talk control . i think it has to do with win7 !

Did you look at the in-game mic settings?

Are you trying just one button or is it all the buttons you try? have you tried mouse buttons?

Does your light lite up and no sound or does your light not lite up?

Ill try to be as detailed as i can just so you can know everything. I turn on TS and it works fine, i can talk forever if that is the only thing running. As soon as i turn on the game program, either when it starts or if i am lucky maybe 1-2 minutes after it starts it will inevitably stop working. I have tried to use about 10 different buttons, continuous, and voice activation and they all stop working. I have checked the settings on TS and my Control Panel functions. I have even taken off every key in the game that is similar to the ones i used before. If i alt-tab out, i still can not speak, and the light is almost always just frozen, sometimes its off but no matter what i do it stays frozen and i cant speak. I can hear everyone fine, not a problem, just cant talk. I hope that helps.

Almost exactly like my problem here

If a lot of your friends have the same problem, then it's definitely not about the OS itself, my friends are using XPSP3 and they still couldn't talk while in-game.

Hope we could bring some attention about this problem, cuz we are not talking about 1 or 2 people now.

Here is a 3 page topic that doesnt seem to help really. But it shows loads of people having almost all the same problem, that after awhile something shuts down in TS. There was even a support person that came in and answered every question but the main problem lol

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=50621

oblivion180 Guest
    By way of further information WRT to problem Helepolis is experiencing:

It is unlikely that this is a windows 7 issue as most people report no issues with hotkey usage under windows 7 and at any rate this would not affect the use of voice activation which is also affected in this case. In the event that windows 7/vista has caused problems running TS with admin privileges has proven successful for most users but didn't solve this problem in this instance

It is possibly that this issue is confined to the use of USB headsets and/or combination with creative X-fi drivers as similar issues have been reported by other users of the application in question (Arma 2) HERE and traced to router firewall miss-configuration.

Additionally this is a recognised ACE2 (an Arma2 mod) bug (HERE) however this problem occurs even in vanilla installs in this instance.

The following fixes were attempted without success:
    • Updated drivers - using most recent versions of all appropriate drivers and applications (win 7, audio, TS etc)
    • Running TS, games (Arma 2) and both with admin privileges
    • Use of multiple different hotkeys (special keys, alphanumeric keys)
    • Use of voice activation and constant transmission
    • Modification of appropriate windows audio options (at the control panel and driver level)
    • Disabling hardware (SPI) firewalls on the local router
    • Usage of alternative VOIP apps (Ventrillo, mumble etc)

Could somebody in a tech support / mod / dev capacity confirm if this is an isolated issue, one common to USB audio headsets or more widely reported issue?

Thread Information