Forum

TS3 crash and don't start now

HI,

I have a x64 XP professional and first time I installed a 64bit version of ts3 but after installation, i click on the icon, it's start but after few second the icone disappears.

I have tryed the x86 version of Ts3, and it's work fine. But after click on "make avatar" or similar menu ts3 crash, and after, same problem of the x64 bit version, start (I see the process in the task manager) but after few second it disapear (and the process too)

I tryed to disinstall ts3, re-install, I used some program to clean registry, etc but togheter the same problem.

(i see the log files in my documnts, but is a 0kb file.
    Last edited by tnagiurd; February 26th, 2010 at 03:33 PM.

no idea about this (bug?) or error?

Sorry, i can't shed light on this topic. I don't have a 64 bit to try and test this out on xp for you. Only thing i can suggest is make sure your stuff is up to date (as in windows / sound / video blah blah)

Yes it's all up to date. Especially since it worked for 1h after I decidet to change my avatar and after the crash and my impossibility to use TS3.

ok, I have installed the new beta...same error, BUT this time I have the report.

any idea?

Post scriptum: the 64bit version on my 64bit version of XP, create zero kb report file.

Interesting dump. It crashes inside a DirectX function. To be specific, inside DirectInput when looking for input devices like keyboard, mouse etc. It might (!) be that there is some bad device driver which causes DirectInput to bail out.

As the crash isn't within our code, I'm afraid we cannot fix this issue, at least I currently don't see how. The only workaround would be to add an option to disable the hotkeys functionality. Not pretty, but probably better than not running at all.

In the unlikely case you should have some outdated DirectX installed, it might be worth checking if installing the latest version helps.

Thread Information