Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany

[Solved - on todo] Sort Order in Server/Channel Groups

This is a mere request that I don't think would be extremely difficult to implement but could help satisfy the neat freaks out there, including myself.

I would like to be able to order the Server and Channel groups as they appear in the list in the attached file, say if one of those groups was out of place I could drag and sort them as you would a teamspeak channel. Currently they're sorted in order of creation. This would simply help in organization of my groups, just in case. I realize this is low demand and priority, but if it hasn't been thought of or mentioned before, just another idea!

Thank you.

Yea, a friend of mine had suggested this also. Either allow to sort by name or custom order because when you have some groups (don't need to have that much xD) it can get a bit tricky, specially when adding users.

Conreason Guest
    I agree this suggestion! I wanted to make a new theard for it today but now I see that you have already written it . It looks better, when the group are in the correct order!

And I believe the way that groups are sorted in the hierarchy also determine where their icon will be located going left to right, the furthest icon to the left is the group that is higher (or the group that was created first) and the groups at the bottom's icons are on the right. I think I stated that clearly, might be difficult to explain.

Conreason Guest
    I only understand "icons" and "order". What you mean it (I think) something else dont you?

Can you explain me what you mean . Thanks! You can explain it so, if it is easier for you:

Group -> icon 300 etc.

... for example!

Conreason

Any thoughts of later implementation?

Yeah... I felt that want to drag groups first time I saw them. Good suggestion

Group creation also determines which group icon will be displayed first-last from left-right.

Anything?

Guess not. Thanks for looking anyways!

[Suggestion] Ability to arrange/sort groups order

This is a mere request that I don't think would be extremely difficult to implement but could help satisfy the neat freaks out there, including myself.

I would like to be able to order the Server and Channel groups as they appear in the list in the attached file, say if one of those groups was out of place I could drag and sort them as you would a teamspeak channel. Currently they're sorted in order of creation. This would simply help in organization of my groups, just in case. I realize this is low demand and priority, but if it hasn't been thought of or mentioned before, just another idea!

Thank you.

This is a bump from this thread http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=51877

I decided to bump this because today I have some server groups that are in a terribly inconvenient location, such as the bottom of the 'set server groups'. Kind of troublesome for a group that is assigned often. I'd assume that this is LOW LOW priority but also I don't think that it would too difficult to implement.

Thanks for reading. If you do not understand exactly what I mean, please ask and I'll do my best to verify.

A bumb is not needed..... Such a feature is on todo.

Thank you very much, Dante.

Wink Server Groups: Insert/Move

I love Teamspeak 3, by the way. I am the tech guy for my clan and I've found that its an amazingly dynamic solution for our VOIP.

I have a suggestion that I think may make it a bit easier to use. I would love if we could drag the server groups around their list to organize the order, much like channels can be organized visually.

Why? Well my clan is following a military format, and we have many server groups. Each server groups has an icon and permissions. We have elected to adopt a format almost identical to the US military. This has been working well for us to tell ranks apart using the server group icons. Love that feature, by the way

Because its a visual way of displaying ranks, we also found it logical to organize it from left to right, based on category (or branch, as we call it). There are medals and ranks, and finally a branch identifier. These all need to be in a specific order. Every time I add a new rank, however, it requires that I do a lot of copying of users from one group to the next, and permissions, rather than simply "inserting" the new rank where I want it to be.

By the way, I do not have access to the database holding this information for these groups or I'd have already fixed it most likely. This limitation, however, has allowed me to see away this could be greatly simplified and work well for someone who doesn't have abilities beyond server admin for the teamspeak server.

Ah right you are! Thanks for directing me to that Skylab.

Oh and for the record, it was one of your posts that told me how to set it up. Good work man!

Thread Information