Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.0-beta20 Available

We've just finished uploading version 3.0.0-beta20 of the server. Here's a list of changes:

Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.0-beta20 10 March 2010
    - fixed channel/client icons not shown correctly in certain setups
    - remove unwanted /r/n sequences while reading query_ip_whitelist.txt
    Have fun downloading!

Hello,

in the Beta 19, it indeed seems to be no task database update, which is in the Beta 20 is also the case?
    I want just not do anything wrong, so here I ask for better.

greating
    RavLau

database updates ARE always automatically executed, if you need todo something for new permissions we will mention that.

Thanks for the quick update, I can confirm, that this bug is fixed with beta 20:
    - fixed channel/client icons not shown correctly in certain setups

I would suggest adding something in the channel edit box like in the server edit box where you can change the icon. It's a bit confusing trying to add the group icon permissions in order to get the channel Icon to display properly. Also maybe something like that could work out for the client icons too. Just a suggestion to make things easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_the_Puppet View Post
    I would suggest adding something in the channel edit box like in the server edit box where you can change the icon. It's a bit confusing trying to add the group icon permissions in order to get the channel Icon to display properly. Also maybe something like that could work out for the client icons too. Just a suggestion to make things easier.
    I added this as feature request .

Is it beter to upgrade directly from beta 18 to Beta 20? Skip beta 19

I have updated from Beta 18 to Beta 20.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    database updates ARE always automatically executed, if you need todo something for new permissions we will mention that.
    I didnt find permissions for left channel icon changing... I think I need to update the database manually, because I copy the old one to the new version of TS3 server, so how would it do automatically?

So what commands should I use to get all my permissions settings in database between v18 and v20?

I am talking about this type of cmds http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Ae...nZzN3YzI&pli=1

But there are no version 19 or 20

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Katana View Post
    I didnt find permissions for left channel icon changing... I think I need to update the database manually, because I copy the old one to the new version of TS3 server, so how would it do automatically?

So what commands should I use to get all my permissions settings in database between v18 and v20?

I am talking about this type of cmds http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Ae...nZzN3YzI&pli=1

But there are no version 19 or 20
    None. If you come from the beta 18 you won't need to execute any commands.

To set the icons on the channels, go to Channel Permissions, select the channel you wish, filter for "icon" and then set the "i_icon_id" with the icon manager. There is no way to set the left icons on the server side

Quote Originally Posted by Jonybat View Post
    There is no way to set the left icons on the server side
    but this is the only thing i mean it makes usefull. so a guild can make a logo for her channel.

on my server there are the most time over 70 people online....the icons on the right side are going under between the howle people.

on the left side everyone can make his channel individual with a icon. and i think ist enugh to set a icon only vor the main channel...sub channels need no icons btw. get the default icon´s from ts........and it makes it easyer to differnet the channel icons beetween the user icons on one look...

sry for my terrible english writing....-.-

maybe it comes some times...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonybat View Post
    None. If you come from the beta 18 you won't need to execute any commands.

To set the icons on the channels, go to Channel Permissions, select the channel you wish, filter for "icon" and then set the "i_icon_id" with the icon manager. There is no way to set the left icons on the server side
    Ahh... I read in this topic, that it would be possible in v19...
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...t+channel+icon

So it was postponed or cancelled?

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, beta18/19 added this new one "virtualserver_modify_icon_id"

use sid=1
    servergroupaddperm sgid=2 permsid=b_virtualserver_modify_icon_id permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    servergroupaddperm sgid=3 permsid=b_virtualserver_modify_icon_id permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    servergroupaddperm sgid=2 permsid=i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify _icon_id permvalue=100 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    servergroupaddperm sgid=3 permsid=i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify _icon_id permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0

BETA 20 is very unstable here, crashing every 30 mins or so once there where a large number of clients connected.

Thread Information