Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[Solved] Cannot upload icons - invalid size

Hi,

Im not sure if this is a client- or serverrelated problem, so ill just post this here in the general questions section.

The problem I have is that when i try to upload any icon (correct size in pixels, correct size in bytes), i always get this message: Invalid Size
    If i check the client log it say this everytime:

|INFO|UIHelpers| | Supported image formats: *.bmp *.gif *.jpeg *.jpg *.pbm *.pgm *.png *.ppm *.xbm *.xpm
    |INFO| | | Icon file size check: 0 0

Both server and client are running the latest versions (beta19 and beta17), I dont have any problems with permissions afaik (updated all the sql stuff and checked through all needed serverquery-admin commands that need to be run... and i dont get any error messages telling me i have insufficient permissions of any sort.

Is there anyone with any idea of what could be the problem?
    What more information would you want me to add?

Regards
    //devereux

-------
    Just noticed that server beta20 was out, but since i havent found anyone else with the same problem as me in the forum i doubt that this upgrade would fix my problem.
    Non the less i will updated it asap.

16x16 Pixel (Max 8 KB)

Check if you have i_max_icon_filesize set. A value of e.g. 10000 will limit icon uploads to 10 KB. Same as with avatars.
    A value of 0 will limit icon size to 0, just what the log entry says. In the log, the first number says if you have the permission at all (in your case not), second is the value of the permission.

Ive tried the icon in different sizes.. at the moment its 10x10pixels.. the size of it is 500bytes (and its a .png).

the "i_max_icon_filesize" ive also tried in various combinations (as high as 9999999).. right now its on 10000 for the specific servergroup ive created.
    I have no problem using avatars.

//devereux

okay, im sorry guys.. it seems i just havent been going over this well enough..
    I thought i just had to give the permissions to the group.. but when adding it to the virtualserver it now works..

once again, sorry.

problem solved it seems

//devereux

Thread Information