Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Server Connection Issues

I'm attempting to start a server, but for whatever reason I'm not connectable through my external IP, BUT I can connect to my server if I use my localip on another computer at home.

I tried almost everything, I port forwarded, searched the forums, enabled DMZ.

Router: Linksys WRT54GL (running TOMATO)
    Modem: Whatever the Newest ROGERS Router is. (Cable Internet)

~Thanks.

It is impossible to connect using your own External IP because most modems/routers think that it is an attempt to connect to it.

If you are trying to test your IP you'll have to get a friend on the outside of the network to try it for you. For yourself you must use your local IP.

I had one of my friends try my External IP Address and they couldn't get in. It just says "Trying to connect to server..." to "Failed to connect to server"

The ports are open too.

You may have to call your ISP, since most have been know to firewall the connections that they give out, Like Bell for instance. Not sure if Rogers does but if you are confident that you forwarded your ports properly you can try to give them a call and if they deny the presence of a firewall post or PM me your external IP and I will tell you if it is your ISP or not.
    Last edited by samx6633; March 13th, 2010 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks for the help Sam.
    My ports are actually closed. I used the below address (not sure if it's reliable).
    http://www.canyouseeme.org/

I'm pretty sure it's because I'm running a the Combination Modem/Router that Rogers gave me and that's connected to a WRT-54GL w/ Tomato firmware. I tried double port forwarding (forwarded the router IP on the Combo Modem/Router, and then forwarded the ports that needed to be open for that computer).

I'll PM you my External Address now.

Quote Originally Posted by n0oblettz View Post
    Thanks for the help Sam.
    My ports are actually closed. I used the below address (not sure if it's reliable).
    http://www.canyouseeme.org/

I'm pretty sure it's because I'm running a the Combination Modem/Router that Rogers gave me and that's connected to a WRT-54GL w/ Tomato firmware. I tried double port forwarding (forwarded the router IP on the Combo Modem/Router, and then forwarded the ports that needed to be open for that computer).

I'll PM you my External Address now.
    It is probably your ports because I am able to ping your IP without packet loss, but I am not detecting any open ports. So try double checking the settings on your router. If you are unsure if you've forwarded correctly, try to follow the guides on http://www.portforward.com

and about canyouseeme.org it doesn't work for me. It says my port for TS3 is blocked but it is open and people can connect to me.

Thanks for the help Sam. I actually figured it out.

[ROGERS SOLUTION]
    I Disabled all Commercial Gateway Functions from my Rogers Modem/Router combo, and turned it into just a modem. So basically my Router is handling all ports now. (Canyouseeme.org does not work for me either. When I got TS3 working, it still said the ports were closed.)

For all Rogers users having problems here's how you solve the problem.
    [I am in no way responsible for what you do to your Modem, this is not advertised by Rogers and is likely looked down upon by them.]

1. Login to your modem/router. [For Rogers I think it's 192.168.1.1]
    2. Login using the following:
    Username: mso
    Password: cxf1rst!
    [This is full administration account. The CUSADMIN is just a normal user]
    3. Click Wireless and Firewall and disable both. [This is important!]
    4. Click System and Check "Disable All Commercial Gateway Functions"
    5. Wait until it finishes. [It will bring you to Page not found or some error pictures]
    6. Unplug your Rogers Modem/Router, and your router.
    7. Wait for 15 seconds.
    8. Replug the Rogers Modem/Router and wait for a solid light connection.
    9. Replug the Router.
    10. Reboot your computer or just flush the connections and renew the IP.

Hope that helps! After that, don't forget to forward the ports on your router.

~ Thanks for the help Sam!

Thread Information