Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved [Solved?] Channel icon display bug?

Gooday!

Icon that i put on 1 channel started to display on 3 other lower channels after client restart, I've tried this twice and the first time it happened to 1 comp then to the other; Here's some more info:

Comp1:
    Win XP 32
    TS3 client beta 17
    TS3 server connecting to is beta 20

Comp:
    Win Vista 64
    TS3 client beta 17
    TS3 server connecting to is beta 20

See attachments for visual:

Installed icon "O" for "Oi's Locker socks & jocks" channel, hours later after client restart on both comps there is multiple icons on comp1 but not on comp 2. This also happened to comp2 after updating to server beta 20 and client beta 17, i installed the icon then later after a restart 3 more icons appeared on lower channels. To correct i had to goto Permissions>Channel Permissions>Group>i_icon_id and remove the permission, then all icons stop displaying. I can then go back and put the icon back and all will display properly on all comps for hours till next time client has log off then logged back on.

Thought this might be of interest

Edited: should have been "Channel Permissions", correction in red
    Last edited by damaboo; March 12th, 2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: edit

Normally this should be solved after updating to Beta20. I started a test for this. I created some rooms with and wihtout subchannels inside. Then i set and icon for 2 rooms. Now im waiting until something happens.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Normally this should be solved after updating to Beta20. I started a test for this. I created some rooms with and wihtout subchannels inside. Then i set and icon for 2 rooms. Now im waiting until something happens.
    always happened to me after a client restart. I had restarted the client a few times before it happened, then one time it did it the first time.

Edited: I check with other members and some see 3 more below the original first and some don't, Yet!
    Last edited by damaboo; March 12th, 2010 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by damaboo View Post
    always happened to me after a client restart. I had restarted the client a few times before it happened, then one time it did it the first time.

Edited: I check with other members and some see 3 more below the original first and some don't, Yet!
    8 hrs later and my comp2 suddenly has 3 more icons below the first original and I didn't restart, they just appeared!

I removed the Channel Permission i_icon_id and after restart of client all icons are gone, but they stay on in the client till after you restart.
    Last edited by damaboo; March 12th, 2010 at 09:37 PM.

[BUG] Channel Icons

Hi,

I recently tried out the whole channel icons thing and I think it is pretty cool. Although making an icon for every channel makes the TS look a bit cluttered. Unfortunately while experimenting with this I ran into a few problems.

First being, When I uploaded the icons, first by selecting ALL the icons I wanted to upload, some disappeared when I went to go change a different channel. This may be a server side bug but never the less I thought it should brought up. My fix to this was to simply delete the other icons I uploaded and then only upload one at a time until I had them all uploaded. This seemed to work for me and I haven't seen any disappear so it may just be me trying to upload multiple ones.

Second, and more of a larger problem, When I wanted to just have an icon for the "Main" channel per say, it unfortunately assigned that same icon to all of the channels under it. For example, If I assigned the icon to main channel and there were 2 sub channels in that main channel, unless I assigned an icon for both of those sub channels, it would auto assign the icon of the main channel to both of those sub channels. My fix to this was to create an invisible icon and use it for those channels. The only problem with this I have found was, when an invisible icon is there, it shifts the Moderated and Locked icons to the left which isn't too much of a problem other than visually.

One of the suggestions I made previously in the announcements section was to have the ability to edit/remove icons from the "Edit Channel" feature, like what you can do with the "Edit Virtual Server" feature. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to assign icons to the channel until I went into channel permissions and played around with it a bit. But in the end I did find it out and it is wonderful.

Anyways right now those are the only two problems I have had with this. I personally think this is a great new feature and as you can see I have found "Work Arounds" for those problems. It would however be nice if those were fixed but in due time. Thanks again!

Hi

Just replaying to say that the first thing also happened to me. First i thought it had something to do with a maximum of icons, but then i tried to upload in small bulks and i managed to get them all in the server. It must be some sort of maximum transfers or so, even tho the client doesn't report anything at all.

About the other suggestions, i also agree.

Regards

Regarding subchannels "inheriting" icons, I'm trying to reproduce this but cannot. See attached screenshot. Created test channel and some subchannels within, then uploaded and assigned an icon to channel "test", which does not affect its subchannels at all. Do I misunderstand you? I'm currently somewhat bewildered concerning this, I've to admit...

Regarding upload limit: Indeed, sounds like a client bug. I will have a look.

Regarding setting channel icon in the channel dialog: Good point, will do.

EDIT: Upload fixed, icons are now queued so it's possible to upload a whole directory of icons in one batch.
    Last edited by PeterS; March 15th, 2010 at 05:52 PM.

Channel icons sometimes set on unwanted channels

Sometimes I have an interesting bug with the current version of the Teamspeak 3 server (beta 20) on linux (Debian 5). I use MySQL as database and the Windows TS3 client beta 17.

I set channel icons for 50% of our channels. Sometimes I have the following problem:

Some channels which never got a channel icon get a channel icon from the next channel with an icon on top of it. If I open the channel permission for this channel, the icon id permission is not set. But every client (even from other users) show a channel icon! I have to set a channel icon and remove it again to remove this unwanted channel icon.

I don't know how to reproduce this. I am sure that no one set a channel icon on this channels, but they are displayed even with disabled permission for icon id.

Yes, I discovered, that if I put a channel icon on a channel, the next subchannel gets it too athough no icon is set for subchannels.

Hey Peter,

Thanks so much for getting back to me and I have to apologize for not getting back to you so promptly but unfortunately I haven't been following this post recently. Anyways I did some testing and I know why you may have not been able to reproduce the "Sub Channel Inherit" bug, if you would call it that.

What I did was I uploaded the icon to a main channel, with about 3 Sub Channels to it. Initially the sub channels didn't inherit that permission, and I remember seeing this when I was uploading them before. However, When I restarted the client there was atleast one channel with a "Channel Icon" not assigned to it, that was inherited from the "Main Channel".

So in my findings, I found that to reproduce this bug you need to in fact restart the TS3 Client, in order for the "Sub Channel" or Multiple "Sub Channels" to inherit the "Icon Permission". Having multiple sub channels under one main channel, there was only 1 sub channel which actually inherited the permission, leaving the others untouched per say.

Never the less I can see this being a bother for some people, especially me seeing as how I have on multiple occasions certain "Main Channels" with just one sub channel.

I hope you are able to reproduce this problem now, and if not let me know and I will see if there were any other factors with this. Thanks for the great support, keep it up!

P.S. Just to be sure about this, I have checked and verified that I have the most up to date version of the server and the client.

Regards,

Billy

Is this similar to what your talking about with the displaying of channel icons?
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=52388

I can second this.

I had this problem multiple times now. It is clientside only. (Restarting/reconnecting fixes the issue.)

See attachment.

//EDIT:
    The icons in general don't get inherited. They just randomly appear next to other channels. Though it happens really rarely.

Best regards, bm
    Last edited by [[bm]]; March 21st, 2010 at 06:18 PM.

First, this is just off the top of my head thinking without much research into the idea (lack of time). If way off, sorry.

Is everyone that is having this problem having it on a server that was upgraded to beta19 or 20 from an older version? Did the update properly added the channel_icon_id record for each existing channel (server_id, id in channel_properties)? Would missing channel_icon_id on a subchannel cause it to inherit the setting from the parent channel? ah just noticed the problem is not really related subchannel, maybe just channels ordered after the channel with the icon.

I've never had this problem, but I ran my own sql commands to manually update my database from 18to19 after stopping beta18 and before starting beta19 based on a review of the changes between 2 clean installs of each version. One of those commands was:

Code:
    insert into channel_properties (server_id, id, ident) select distinct server_id, id, 'channel_icon_id' as ident from channel_properties ;
    DO NOT RUN on a database already run with server beta19 or greater may cause duplicate records.

I can try testing this one day this week if needed.

is this planned to be fixed with the next beta? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Any news dante696?

If not I'll submit with my premium support account

Thank you and have a great day!

Thread Information