Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

onFMODChannelCreatedEvent?

Hello, I am trying to tie into the onFMODChannelCreatedEvent but I do not know where its being defined. I tried adding it the plugin.h via a DLL export...

Code:
    PLUGINS_EXPORTDLL void onFMODChannelCreatedEvent(uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, anyID clientID, void* fmodChannel);
    and defining it in my cpp file...

Code:
    void onFMODChannelCreatedEvent(uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, anyID clientID, void* fmodChannel)
    {
    	printf("CLIENT START TALKING FMOD OBJECT\n");
    }
    ...but to no avail.

I tried prefixing it with ts3plugin_ as well but still nothing.

Any idea?

Thanks,
    Nou

This feature is from the client sdk, and isnt implemented in the plugin sdk.

From what I see there is no difference. The client SDK is the plugin SDK, the only other SDK I see is the developer SDK.

At least thats what the documentation is stating...

Infact the documentation for them is the same?

What can we use and not use in the plugin SDK?

There is the Teamspeak 3 Client Plugin SDK, wich we can use to make plugins for the offical teamspeak client.
    And there is the Teamspeak 3 SDK, wich may for example used by game developers to integrate nice voice support into their game.

In fact the ts3 plugin sdk is simliar to the ts3 sdk, and thats the reason why they share the same pdf documentation file.

You can only use exports defined in the sample plugin and the functions in the ts3Functions struct in the plugin sdk!

Aw, that sucks, what a tease. :P

Looks like we will have to go with our own client then.

Aw, just read that the client SDK can not be used with existing TS3 servers. This puts a fly in our ointment.

Is there anyway to have more control over the sound in client plugin than just the 3D sound stuff?

Ah... I just saw this...

unsigned int (*openCustomPlaybackDevice)(uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, void* fmodSystem);

Very interesting...

This actually makes me a bit confused to why we can provide our own FMOD system object, but not have access to the FMOD channel objects. It seems like being the otherway around would be more effective.

Having both though would be the best.

I added those three function to the plugin SDK. Will be available with next client release (just exchaning the plugin SDK with current client won't work).

Code:
    PLUGINS_EXPORTDLL void ts3plugin_onCustomCaptureDeviceCloseEvent(uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, void* fmodSystem);
    PLUGINS_EXPORTDLL void ts3plugin_onCustomPlaybackDeviceCloseEvent(uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, void* fmodSystem);
    PLUGINS_EXPORTDLL void ts3plugin_onFMODChannelCreatedEvent(uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, anyID clientID, void* fmodChannel);
    Seems I forgot to export those functions to plugins or hadn't expected plugin authors would need them. Custom FMOD objects is quite advanced stuff, you need to do all the FMOD handling yourself.

Oh my gosh! THANK YOU!!!! SOO SO MUCH! This is a huge help!

Yes, it looks advanced, but a lot of fun as well! We hope to do some very interesting stuff with this.

If anyone wishes to follow our progress please check out our project site: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/news

Thanks again!!!

Can you perform the same export for startVoiceRecording() & stopVoiceRecording(). I really need them available for a plugin.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by NouberNou View Post
    This actually makes me a bit confused to why we can provide our own FMOD system object, but not have access to the FMOD channel objects. It seems like being the otherway around would be more effective.

Having both though would be the best.
    the fmod which comes with teamspeak allows you only to use it with teamspeak. not with your own game / etc.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    the fmod which comes with teamspeak allows you only to use it with teamspeak. not with your own game / etc.
    We are using it for teamspeak.

ArmA2's internal VON is not that great, so we use their clipboard functions to make a very rudimentary IPC style communications pipe between ArmA2 and a TS3 plugin. We send 3D positional data, as well as other information to TS3 and use that to process using the TS3 FMOD suite the sound data.

Its a giant hack, but with what has been developed so far by the original developers works very well and we are looking to expand that.

Quote Originally Posted by pemarson View Post
    Can you perform the same export for startVoiceRecording() & stopVoiceRecording()
    Done.

@NouberNou: Your project sounds interesting, will keep an eye on it. Good luck with it, it would certainly be a valuable addition.

Thread Information