Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

(SUGGESTION) Whisper to Server/Channel groups

I think it would be a great feature if you could have a "Whisper to Server/Channel" group in the Whisper list.

This way if you whisper to a server/channel group on a regular basis, you wouldn't have to update your list as people get added/removed from the list.

Also, have an option to add users through their unique ID to lists instead of having to drag-and-drop?

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    Clever idea.

What does everybody think of this idea?

Depending on how they do TS3's version of channel commander, this might already be in the works.

Better alternative to channel commander

Hello,

I've been looking around the forums, couldn't really find anything on it.

What I would love to have is the ability to whisper to server or channel groups. By whispering to a server group, all the guys that want their channel commander back are happy.

And by whispering to a channel group, I mean that I define a channel as the whisper target, and the only people that can hear that whisper are the ones that are inside this channel AND have the appropriate channel group. That way you can still only whisper to a squad's squadleader and not ALL the squadleaders.

Ok, it seems the search function fails. I would say that searching for "whisper to channelgroup" should have brought up this thread, then I wouldn't have started my own.

Anyway, this is an EXTREMELY important feature. This needs to be implemented as fast as humanely possible.

Also, my request is slightly diffferent, as I want the channelgroup whispers to be also channel specific, not server wide.

It is good idea, but, i want to improve your suggestion:

1. I think it will be good if whisper will be one of permission, what can be possible to give for some users or server groops, and chanal commanders.
    2. It will be good if it will be possible to include in Whisper server groops at all. It will be great for TS3 servers for big alliances of MMORPG, what based on wars between alliances. Usually, that servers are open for another players, and spi of another alliance can join and hear whisper of commanders!!! At big TS3 servers for alliance new chanalls and subchanalls users creat a lot and often, that it will be good to have permission to Whisper for ALL SERVER and Whisper specially for users of some server group/s.

Quote Originally Posted by Pherun View Post
    It is good idea, but, i want to improve your suggestion:

1. I think it will be good if whisper will be one of permission, what can be possible to give for some users or server groops, and chanal commanders.
    2. It will be good if it will be possible to include in Whisper server groops at all. It will be great for TS3 servers for big alliances of MMORPG, what based on wars between alliances. Usually, that servers are open for another players, and spi of another alliance can join and hear whisper of commanders!!! At big TS3 servers for alliance new chanalls and subchanalls users creat a lot and often, that it will be good to have permission to Whisper for ALL SERVER and Whisper specially for users of some server group/s.
    Hm, not quite getting what you're meaning:
    1. You want to have a permission setting that will allow or forbid creating whispers?
    2. Hm, I think that is basically what we already asked for, no? The ability to restrict whispers to specific server or channel groups.

Sad, we haven't actually gotten any response by a DEV on this topic, so it might not even be included into the whisper system overhaul for client beta21.

Whisper to channel group is on todo and gets implemented soon. Whisper to a server group is also on todo, but it's on low priority.
    Whisper to whole server has to be done per drag and drop! This won't be included.

Please, can I be informed when this is implemented?

Whisper to channel family is a must for my group. We'll have to stay on TS2 until this is working I'm afraid. *sigh

Thread Information